1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Visa Gift Cards

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JakeAndAirwaves, Dec 26, 2011.

1. JakeAndAirwaves

JakeAndAirwaves

Jun 3, 2011
    TX
    I received 6 Visa prepaid cards and one American Express one for the holidays. I want to make a purchase on eBay. Is there a way to combine these?

2. I'd suggest calling the help number on the back.

3. JakeAndAirwaves

JakeAndAirwaves

Jun 3, 2011
    TX
    Yeah, I probably will in the morning.

4. Try pooling the funds into a paypal account!

5. I found out recently you can overdraft them.. I had $2 left on my Visa gift card, and went to a soda machine that took cards. $1.30 / bottle. Swiped it, got a Coke. It says, "Another purchase?" I push Cherry Coke, I get another Coke. It asks again, I push it again, soon I've got as many Cokes as I can carry and its still saying "Another purchase?"

I checked the balance on the card and it was still showing one authorization for $1.30, leaving me $0.70.

6. JakeAndAirwaves

JakeAndAirwaves

Jun 3, 2011
    TX
    I don't think my conscience would allow me to.

As for the PayPal, I hear it doesn't accept them.

7. Oh, and if all else fails you could just take them all to a store, buy a bunch of stuff and then immediately return it. Make sure you see what their refund policy is first and get all the details pertaining to a transaction like that so you don't end up screwed or having to wait weeks to get your cash back.

8. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Definitely read the "FINE" print on the card instructions. VISA, Master Card, and American Express pre-paid card have many types of hidden fees. Some of the fees are even if you don't use the cards in a certain time period or call for a card balance. Plus, the card purchasers already have to pay a fee to buy the cards. I will never buy any of these again, nor will most people I know. Also, gas station pumps around here will not take those cards if you try to buy gas with them.

9. JakeAndAirwaves

JakeAndAirwaves

Jun 3, 2011
    TX
    Yeah after year it's $2 a month. And they don't work at the pump. You have to take it to the guy at the counter.

But I just want to save a some money and buy a used telecaster from eBay rather than a new one. What if I bought another card with the ones I have? I'll call them shortly.

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

You can add them all to your PayPal account. I just did this with a Vanilla Gift Card. You just have to go the issuing card's website and register them. Then in PayPal, just add the card.