Vote 11/9/16

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Acoop, Nov 9, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acoop

Acoop

Feb 21, 2012
    Just curious about the election on Nov 9th. ... The news reported that less than 50% of the American electorate actually 'voted'. ... I'm just curious how many people reading this thread got out to vote? ... It's not about for whom, just, did you do it? ... And if not, why not?

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    You can actually put a poll in your thread that will allow us to answer with one click. You will probably get more feedback with less arguing that way.

I voted. And I sincerely hope that even those who disagree with me voted too.

3. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    The election was not on the 9th, it was on the 8th. I think I heard the turnout was about 62%.
    I did vote.

4. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I voted, and also participated in some heavy canvassing to improve voter turnout at the polls. Some of the candidates I supported lost, some won. I participate in my democracy on every level, every time.

GregC likes this.
  5. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I don't just vote. I canvas; participate in our caucuses; phone bank; and do plenty of research. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't. You do realize you are allowed to participate, don't you? Once I've been at this address long enough, I will also run for office. My politics will reflect the people of my district more than my own personal beliefs. THAT is how it's done.

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Whatever office you run for, I want a bumper sticker! :D

7. I voted, my guy lost, but progress was made.

I'm not as concerned with how many people vote, as I am with how many of those that do vote take the time to truly inform themselves.

If you're gonna vote, please do so responsibly. ;)

Dominic DeCosa and FilterFunk like this.
  8. mapadofu

mapadofu

Mar 19, 2013
  9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    No Politics means "no politics".

Rocker949, Bob Clayton and Pacman like this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.