1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Vote please!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by caillean, Apr 19, 2009.

1. caillean

caillean

Mar 2, 2008
    east anglia
    OK - I am meant to be trying to think about selling my friend's bass that he lent me - yes, I know - I've been thinking about this for awhile - but, circumstances have now made it a bit more urgent!

What I want to know is - these circumstances are that my visa application for living in Canada has now speeded up somewhat - so - what I want to know is:

Would I be better selling here in the UK - or would I get a quicker, easier sale in Canada - covering the cost of the bass (£995) plus whatever the shipping cost is?

All comments gratefully received .......:bag:

2. caillean

caillean

Mar 2, 2008
    east anglia
    wow - writing was bigger than I thought it would be - but, then again - means I can actually read it without straining - whoops, guess that means a new pair of glasses will have to be on their way ....

3. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Elkhart, IN
    One question - does your friend approve? :)

4. Do you have his/her permission to sell it? That's what needs to be asked first.

5. caillean

caillean

Mar 2, 2008
    east anglia
    LOL - he's desparate for me to sell it - but I've not broached this question with him yet!

6. Good luck. That's one of the weirdest statements I've ever read.
    Prolly makes sense on your planet.......
    I am meant to be trying to go to the bathroom now......:help:

7. It sounds like your friend doesn't have a friend.

8. Jazzcat

Jazzcat

Jan 20, 2009
    Titusville, FL
    Shipping costs aside, my gut feeling is a given instrument will bring more money in UK than CA.