1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Bass vs. SVT 3pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tomcaza, Apr 23, 2010.

1. tomcaza

tomcaza

Nov 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I've got an awesome tech 21 vt bass that I'm running through a poweramp right now. The sound is awesome, and everyday I find a new setting that I love. I kinda want the same set up in a single amp to make it a little more portable so I've been considering an SVT 3 that it seems go used for a great price. I usually run the VT somewhere between the "ampeg" and "flip top" (btwn 9 and noon). I'd be ok with giving up a little versatility. Would I be happy with the SVT3? Has anyone owned both? thanks

2. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    the VT bass has more headroom :ninja:

3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Stick with what you are using, now. ;)

4. Foz

Foz

Jul 26, 2008
    Jax FL USA
    The 3-pro is a great head once you get some decent tubes in it and make sure the transistors are biased properly. Not as versatile as the VT [won't get stupid dirty] but what it does it does very well.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i do like the 3 pro and owned one for a few years, but if someone robbed me and told me i could only keep the vt/power amp or the 3 pro, i'd let them have the 3 pro.

vt: pedal of the future.