1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wah pedal - Cliff Burton

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lucho.Metal, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Lucho.Metal

Lucho.Metal Inactive

Apr 16, 2010
    Hello, my mother is going to buy me a wah pedal.
    I love Cliff Burton and I want that distorted wah tone.

I have a Big Muff, so, I was thinking to buy a Morley, but I don't know what model will gime me the distorted tone.
    In Argentina there is this pedals: (Morley)

Morley Classic Wah Wah
    Morley Power Wah Volume
    Morley Pwo-glo Power Wah Wah
    Morley Pwo Pro Series Il Wah Wah.

2. FuzzAddict

FuzzAddict

Oct 30, 2009
    Well, in my opinion, I think that the any of the Power Wah models should get you there, seeing as how that's what Cliff used back in the day. I personally have had great results with most Morley wahs when trying to get that distorted wah tone. But if I could choose one, I would say the Power Wah. Hope this helps you out.

3. Lucho.Metal

Lucho.Metal Inactive

Apr 16, 2010
    I'd like the sound like a tiger.

4. blastjv

blastjv

Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    This is a topic that has been beaten to death, but here goes...

I have a vintage Power Wah Boost. It is the big chrome one that Cliff used. They are very different from the modern Morleys.

I have tried the Classic, the Power Wah Volume, and the PBA (the all blue bass wah). They are all actually pretty nice for what they are, but none really sound like the PWB. The PBA was closest.

I also tried the Dunlop 105q, regular Crybabies, the Crybaby classic, the 535q.

None have the range and the bass retention with also the scream of the PWB.

I have actually heard good things about the Ibanez Weeping Demon for this. Can't say from experience.

-John

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021