1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Walking Bass eBook - anyone try it?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by alanloomis1980, Oct 6, 2019.

1. alanloomis1980

alanloomis1980 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    anyone try out the walking bass ebook from James Eagar on ebassguitar.com?

FB0FC112-D1FC-4DFF-A0A2-02E810A95399.

2. oldandbold

oldandbold

Jul 7, 2019
    Honesdale PA
    I did work his course for a few lessons but wasn't satisfied with it. For walking bass lessons I like Tomazz at walkingbasslessons.com. Excellent teacher, course is free. He's one of those 'if you like it you can buy him a beer' guys.

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  3. alanloomis1980

alanloomis1980 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I ended up downloading this book, just out of curiosity. I’m looking for intermediate jazz bass info, chromatic and scale lines, etc. the book is 89 pages , and it didn’t get into anything interesting for me til page 60. A few usable licks and ideas, but nothing mind blowing. Great book for a beginner though, IMO

I do agree with James’ philosophy that learning walking bass lines is one of the best and most transformative things a bass player can study.