1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

War Reqiem - Benjamin Britten

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by Square Bear, May 2, 2010.

1. I'm playing this piece tonight. I'm sure some of you guys are familiar with it. I had never heard the piece until we began rehearsals, I only knew a little about it. What a truly great monument to the terror and futility of war. If you don't know the war requiem, I suggest you look it up. Putting this thing together has been probably the single most rewarding musical experience of my life. Anyone else have a similar reaction to this piece?

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Played a piece written for a youth orchestra to play at the one of the anniversary's of Hiroshima. The composer was in the audience while we played it for the first time in the states, and then we played it in Japan when we toured there. It was an incredibly haunting and terrifying dirge. But the one thing I can remember was the look on the composers (who had actually survived the attack on Hiroshima) face when we performed it so well.