1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

warmoth body usacustom neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Dredmahawkus, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    anyone ever combine the 2? do they fit each other ok? I know a warmoth neck would be better with a warmoth body but I really want to try a usa custom neck.

2. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    We've been using USA Custom's necks for our builds, have been very impressed with them. As far as anything fitting anything else--as we are finding with our first builds--assume nothing!

3. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    That said, almost anything will fit with a little bit of work. You might give USACG a call and ask; I'd bet they could answer your question immediately.

4. jp8848

jp8848

Mar 15, 2012
    Hendersonville, NC
    Larry Smoak is currently building my Warmoth Jazz Body with a USA Custom neck. When I ordered the body, I did not have the neck pocket milled out. Larry is going to to the exact measurements and ream pocket on his lathe. The body is highly figured Swamp Ash and the neck is maple with Indian Rosewood. It will have block (cut from scratch) abalone inlays and 3 Joe Barden pickups and tons of extras. But the neck will look killer with the body!

5. I had a couple of USACG necks fitted to Warmoth bodies and they were perfect. But I could have been just lucky...

6. zfunkman

zfunkman

Dec 18, 2012
    Warmoth bodies should fit perfect with a usa fender neck as the Warmoth necks fit perfect with a usa fender body. I recently got a Mighty Mite J-body which is supposed to fit all usa fender J parts. I got a Warmoth fretless J-bass neck and it actually did fit perfectly with the MM J-body. FYI . . . The Warmoth J-body I wanted would of cost me near $500 but the MM J-body only cost me $130.

7. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    Great I am going to order then! Warmoth was the only place I could get a mahogany core wood with a koa top....I already have a warmoth neck on one bass...so just wanted to try out UScustom necks. plus they offer quatersawn maple.

8. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    I think you will be fine...
    Its all about the pocket.

Those guys came from warmoth and know the deal. Talk to Tommy over at USA He will know for sure.

Are you putting this together yourself or are you having built by someone?

If having someone do it then let me suggest these guys.
    http://mouradianguitar.com/ Jon and Jim and the best.

Cheers