Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth jazz neck profile

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Reccord, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Anyone got a Warmoth Jazz neck? If so, what's the front-back profile like? I'm looking for something with a thin/shallow profile, approaching the 75 RI or Geddy Lee as opposed to the thicker 'D' profile of my current neck. Or if anyone's made the comparison, is it thinner than the late 90s/current MIA Fender Jazz necks?

2. I built a Warmoth bass about three years ago and the neck that they sent to me was pretty chunky. (It is one of the Warmoth construction necks with the steel reinforcing bars) It was huge compared to the Japanese '75 RI that I had been playing and the Geddy Lee's that I had played in the music stores. It also feels bigger than the American Jazz basses currently in production. I really like the neck though because it is very stiff and doesn't seem to be affected by environmental changes. You might want to email them and see if they can help you. Also, you might want to check out USA Custom Guitars. www.usacustomguitars.com

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    It has been a couple of years since I last had a Warmoth neck, but the one I had was on the thick side.