Warwick at GC in Orange CT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fingerguy, Oct 19, 2016.

1. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    I saw this at the Orange CT GC and while waiting for the slowest worker known to man, I couldn't stop looking at it, holding it, and so on. BTW those things are light.

I was expecting it to be a lot more. Why is it so affordable? Is that normally what they cost even used?

Warwick Pro Series Standard Corvette 4 String Electric Bass Guitar

I am NOT into red but I can't stop looking at it.

2. Current 2016 price on the Warwick website is $1,816.49 with Ash body and Red Oil finish. They do not make a model in Rockbass with 3 knobs, only a 4 knob. If the dealer has priced this correctly it looks to be a good price. Is the bag included a Warwick bag or GC? The Warwick bag, if like mine, sells online for $150 by itself and is a very good bag. I'd go play it and see if you'd enjoy playing it. Look it over and check the truss rod. Look for cracks or damage around screw holes. Look for rust on the strings or on the hardware. If that is all good this might be your next bass. It's probably a passive bass(WW doesn't sell a 4-string active Corvette except for one Bubinga model), but many Warwicks are passive and sound very nice.

3. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    But that price difference is significant. You don't think that raises a red flag or it being passive would drop the price significantly?

4. If you have an hour or so, go to the TB classified and check out used Warwicks. I paid $950 for a 2008 Corvette $$ active/passive 5-string and it is all I'd been looking for and more. I sold recently a 1994 Warwick 5-string for $990 if that helps.

5. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Not really for the one I list is still about $300 cheaper. Weird. Well I am not a fan of red and not going to settle so will wait.

6. It might be a consignment sale, in which the seller wants it sold fast. The seller might be in need of some quick cash. You just never know.

7. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    The seller is GC...Guitar Center. I don't get the impression they are in need for quick cash.

8. If you don't get it someone else may spot it here in TB and go get it. I've had red basses before and it does take a while to get over it. :)

9. Well then, GC management wants it gone for some reason. It won't last long at that price I'd wager. Now you can spend an afternoon in the TB classified and get GAS!

10. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    I had a brand new Jeep Wrangler RED that I bought because I was tired of my 1984 Blazer going to the mechanic each week. I settled on it because I was desperate for a new vehicle. One year later I traded it in for something else for I could not get used to the red.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021