Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Bees Wax

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Andre_gt7, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
  2. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    noone? =(

3. Skavenger

Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Sweden
    Here is the deal. Warwick's beewax is for the warwick trademark "unfinished" finish. Have you ever felt a warwick? stroke your hand on it's surface, then do the same thing on your GT. Does it feel similar? Then wax away!
    Nothing can really go wrong, just use a cotton rag when you wax it.

Ive heard that lemon oil is no good for fret boards, don't know if it's true though. Your best option is to use...what's it called, lense oil? Like, the ones you eat...

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I do not believe your conklin would benefit much from waxing, it has a finish i believe.

About the lemon oil, its fine as long as it doesnt contain things that make drying more evident bc it will dry out your board.

5. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Actually lemon oil is NOT good for maple.......it has been my experience that it is good for rosewood and pau ferro though. I believe that Skavenger is referring to linseed oil, which is supposed to be good also, but I think you have an easier time finding lemon oil, usually available at GC and Sam Ash.

6. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    hmm...thanks guys, but you see the thing is, my fretboard just looks so "dry" , im not sure of the wood i guess it is wenge? or purpleheart

7. Lemon oil is great for Wenge. I just adopted an abused Corvette STD and the fretboard was a wreck until I used some Old English lemon oil on it. Wood grain is lovely once again.