1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Corvette 5 nut problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by iplaymetal, Aug 8, 2012.

1. iplaymetal

iplaymetal

Jun 14, 2010
    The nut is in two pieces. And if you know much about Warwick basses, you're probably not worried yet. However, if you can visualize with me, the bottom piece connects to the bass itself, and has two small columns that are on either side, that hold the second piece down.

Here's where the problem is, one of those little side pieces that holds it down has broken off. How should I go about repairing this?

I was thinking of taking a small bit of that plastic melting glue and surgically attaching it back on. (I mean a really small amount.) I don't really want to order another bridge from Germany and pay $120 because one little piece snapped (which I must say happened extremely easily).

What would you do here?

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    iplaymetal,

Where are you located? Do you have a photo? I would be more than happy to point you in the right direction, or assist in any way possible! Thanks!

3. iplaymetal

iplaymetal

Jun 14, 2010
  4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    iplaymetal,

Sorry to hear of your issue. Please send an email to Dan at the NY Custom Shop, d.africano@warwick.de and see what he suggests, or can do to help. Please let me know if you've got any questions or if I can assist in any way. Thanks!

5. iplaymetal

iplaymetal

Jun 14, 2010
    Should I be worried that this doesn't have any tension on it at the moment? Thanks for the quick reply, I can only hope Dan is the same way!

6. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    iplaymetal, it should be ok for the time being. Dan is very good about replies, and super cool to deal with. You can also call him at 212-777-6990. Remember they are in NY so its Eastern Time zone. Thanks for your patience...keep me posted.

7. Morning Beer

Morning Beer

Oct 2, 2009
    Cleveland
    Any decent music shop can cut you a new nut. It shouldn't cost much either.

8. CALopes

CALopes

Aug 13, 2010
    I broke the crappy plastic nut of my Rockbass too. I got a little pice of mahogany and made myself a nut. Cost me nothing, looks better and sounds better than before. :p
    You just need a little piece of nice wood, some sandpaper and a lot of patience.

Take care

9. iplaymetal

iplaymetal

Jun 14, 2010
    Well its not a Rockbass, it's a Warwick Corvette Std, German made too. The nuts that are on these Warwicks are not regular nuts either, but Dan has told me to either, a) buy one from him for $56+$8 shipping; or b) Use a soldering iron to melt the two pieces together, or c) use it as is, with the string tension holding it in place.

10. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    iplaymetal,

Glad to hear you were able to connect with Dan, and it sounds like you've got some solid options. Best of luck, and please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Thanks again

11. iplaymetal

iplaymetal

Jun 14, 2010
    Yeah some different options, I wish one of them would magically fix it with sparkles and rainbows... :D I'm dreaming.

12. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Won't make a difference nor effect anything. Just looks weird.