Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette ProLine - should I bite?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dmielke, Sep 13, 2004.

1. dmielke

dmielke

Mar 25, 2004
    I found this website for a guitar store and they say they have in stock a used Warwick Corvette ProLine with wenge neck, bubinga body, Duncan Jazz pickup and Musicman bridge pickup with active electronics. All for $500 - does this seem like a good deal? To me, it seems a bit too good to be true. Should I jump on this bass if it seems to be pretty good to me or should I hold off?

Thanks!

Dustin

2. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    tap dat **** man. well worth it

3. dmielke

dmielke

Mar 25, 2004
    Anyone else have any experience with these basses?

4. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    I still have mine to this day. Those basses sure can take a beating. Although I have to question if it really is a proline.

1. Normal Corvette Prolines have flamed maple bodies and not bubinga
    2. They usually just have two jazzes and not a MM pickup.

If you could post a link to the site we could set that stuff straight, and go for it if it proves to be a real custom done proline. Although it just sounds like a modified Corvette Standard Active.

5. dmielke

dmielke

Mar 25, 2004
    Well, I found another ProLine (on ebay) that doesn't have the flame finish - just the standard Warwick stain. I'm dealing with a real dealer, and not some guy I've never heard of. Here's a pic of the bass in question.

6. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    Yeah that honestly looks like a modded Corvette Standard. It appears that they cut a bigger area for a MM pup and another hole for a 4th control knob.

All Corvettes have only 3 or sometimes 4 knobs all in a slight arch, and if need be, one push pull for a secondary function. Someone stuck another on there outside of the arch.

Bottom line, the only way to actually know is to buy it and see for yourself. Or actually visit the store.

7. dmielke

dmielke

Mar 25, 2004
    Thanks for all the help. I'm not used to Warwicks at all, and the price caught my attention. I think I might go check it out Friday (the store is 70 miles from me). Thanks again!

Dustin

8. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    No problem. When you do check it out, and if you buy it, make sure you post some sort of review. I'm interested in seeing more of this strange setup of a Warwick. A first sight for my eyes.

9. radi8

radi8

Feb 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Head to basscentral and check out the Warwick line.
    Yours seems to be built on the FNA Jazzman config.

10. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    yes please do post a review. I was actually thinking of that exact pickup combination for my corvette standard. However I was looking more towards a bartolini preamp and an mec humbucker so that i can keep the j pup. too bad i have no money.