Warwick Corvette Proline

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LaPolicia, Jan 20, 2004.

1. LaPolicia

Jan 13, 2004
    i was thinking about buying this Warwick Corvette Proline. It cost 800 and it is a blue wood 4 string. but is this worth it. Is this a good bass or am i going to waste my money?
  2. new or used, and where from?
  3. EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    I think the Corvette Proline is the best Warwick bass for the money. Not the best, but the best for the money. I love the way they sound and they are much lighter than most other Warwicks.

4. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I was considering the proline but i got me vette yesterday and is so groovy. Is it used or new, becuase i thought the proline cost alot more than 800
  5. LaPolicia

Jan 13, 2004
    THe bass is new and it is from my local GC.
  6. Thats pretty wild...my local GC has one, same color and all tagged at abotu $1250...

Is it scratch and dent? Also, is that the price they quoted you, or do they have it tagged for 800? Where are you located?
  7. SHB

Mar 25, 2003
    Maryland USA
    I think the low-priced Proline has the single coil pickups, like a Fender Jazz. "Dynamic Correction" is what they call them, and the pickup should have a label printed on it with that name. I had one and the hum was worse than a Jazz bass and was really unbearable. An expensive lesson learned. If you want a Warwick, save up for one with the better active pickups.
  8. LaPolicia

Jan 13, 2004
    The bass is the last one left from the 2003 series and it is tagged 888 but the manger said that he would drop it to 800.There are no scratches and i am not sure about the single coil?The local GC is in NOR CAL.
  9. steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    sorry to butt in but which is the lesser model of the 2? corvette proline or corvette std?
  10. std 'technically' but it's not really lesser...just different.

The basses are exactly the same minus the following:

Proline has a flamed maple body and comes stock with the active MEC 2 band p-ups.

The standard has a bubinga body, but comes stock with passive MECs...although, for like 100 or so, you cann upgrade to active P-ups. So if you like the active pickups of the proline more, but want a bubinga body...it can be had with an active Crovette std.