1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Corvette $$ RB coil tapping mod

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by krovx, May 19, 2011.

1. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Hello everyone,

I have a double buck corvette that can go from series / parallel with a push pull pot. I don't really use parallel at all so I was wondering how I could change the push pull into going from series (down) to coil tapped (up)? I think I could even wire it to cancel noise if I use the outside buckers, correct?

This is the diagram I am referencing. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

http://www.warwick.de/media/manuals/Rockbass/wirings/SP_RB_122R.pdf

2. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Here is another diagram that shows he wiring for the MEC humbuckers..

dualcoil_to_3-way.

3. I think you're referring to a coil split. It is unlikely that those coils are tapped.

In any case, pick your switching:
    4044630163_661f69db30_o.

4. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks for the information!

It looks like the DPDT on-on series / north coil & DPDT on-on series / south coil is what I need. Now to just translate it to the Warwick which is:

NORTH START>> RED
    NORTH FINISH>> GREEN
    SOUTH START>>WHITE
    SOUTH FINISH>> BLACK

So the bridge pup should be the south coil and the neck pup the north coil? This would get the outside pups for hum canceling in coil mode?

Here is what I am planning on doing, does this look right? ( sorry for the sloppiness)

rewire.

5. Looks fine.

6. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Hmm, one of the guys over at the Warwick forum said that white should always be ground, waiting to hear his justification for that... :confused:

7. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA