1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Choatezor, May 5, 2010.

1. Choatezor

Choatezor

May 5, 2010
    Just found this fretless warwick on craigslist they're asking 600 for it im not sure what model it is exaclty so i can't figure out if its a deal or not any help?

Attached Files:

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    need more info.

3. thetawaves

thetawaves

Dec 29, 2006
    Looks to be an actual Warwick (at least, not a rockbass) post a link of the ad?

4. Choatezor

Choatezor

May 5, 2010
  5. Walking

Walking

Apr 5, 2010
    Minnesota
    I have something similar except it has one giant humbucker. I would say its a pretty nice bass for $600. Not a steal, but a good deal if you want a fretless.

Need to look at in person to ensure its a warwick, but the body and neck shape is right.

The ad says its a warwick corvette--seems pretty specific model to me.

6. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    Corvette std model fretless. Probably passive, check to see if there is a battery in the control cavity when you go look at it-active version is a step up tonally. $600 isn't a bad price, I've seen them go for less though.

7. Choatezor

Choatezor

May 5, 2010
    Alright thanks for the advice and help much appriciated :)

8. tdurden

tdurden

Jun 1, 2008
    it is a warwick corvette fretless with passive j pickups.I bought one brand new in 99 or 2000 for $630.

9. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Endorsing Artist: Rosado Guitars
    I've seen these on the NYC CL for around $450 here and there. Not a particularly stellar deal. I got myself a fretted 'Wick Corvette for $350 on it; I'll advise haggling the price a bit.

10. thetawaves

thetawaves

Dec 29, 2006
    I wish they'd go for that sort of price across the pond. You'd expect to pay that for a Rockbass here, I was hankering after a fretless 'vette and it'd cost me best part of £800. Madness!

11. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    I don`t know where people are getting these prices from. A new German Std would go for around $1,300. Used they typically go between $500-$700 depending on condition, body wood, and whether or not it`s passive or active. The price for that bass is more than fair.