1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Fortress I (MIG)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bblooz, Feb 14, 2016.

1. I am looking at a used Fortress made in Germany, not the asian rockbass knock-off. I have usually played Fender and Guild basses. This one feels nice and has low action, just like my Fender Jazz fretless. Everything is original and electronics appear to work fine. Any thoughts, opinions, things to watch out for?

2. German Fortress One's are great, with an all wenge neck. I have a passive 1993 (first year). Later models are active. Make sure it has an intact brass nut. (4 adjustable threaded inserts). Check that the truss rod still works, load it with an EMG Geezer Butler set of pu's. and rock on. You will love it.

Check out the Fortress Club: Warwick Fortress Footmen, unite! more more info.

3. AmpegB15

AmpegB15

Sep 25, 2010
    I have a passive Fortress One RnB in a p/j configuration, and an active fretless Fortress One with a single soapbar. Thin, very playable necks. Great sounding pickups. Have strung the p/j model with flats, rounds and tape wounds at various times and it sounds great with all of them. I really like the Fortress models.

4. Thanks for the tips. I'm going to the store after work today. Thinking of trading my near mint '80s Japanese Hondo II P-bass plus cash for the Warwick. Let you guys know how it goes.