1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick German Pro Series Corvette $$ 5 Opinions/Experiences

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gaddiel Vazquez, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Hey all,

I'm so interested on getting a Warwick GPS 5 string bass, currently I have a Fender MIA P bass (4 strings), but I will go for a 5 string bass and I have an option to get a Warwick GPS in mint condition for 1K bucks.

I just played one Warwick in all my life and it was a Thumb that I was stuck with no words to explain the great sound that monster bass it was. But the life gave me this chance to get a good Warwick in excellent condition for 1K bucks.

What do you think: neck comfortable, good pickups, bad pickups, great active preamp or not, weight and worth for those 1,000 bucks?

2. wizard65

wizard65

Sep 1, 2014
    I’d say go for it. I have a German Corvette Standard 5, which is much the Same as the GPS you’re looking at except for single coil pups.
    I really can’t fault it, great growly tone and awesome neck.

3. This is a double buck german Corvette and their preamp looks interesting, it has their original bag for $1,000

4. Bassdirty

Bassdirty Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    The only problem I had with my German "vette" was the weight. (sadly, that was a big enough problem for me- but ive had 3 back surgeries). Shame, cuz I loved the sound and the feel of it.

If the weight isn't too bad for you , go for it.

T$

5. It's a very nice bass but it's not a thumb bass, very different. The neck and preamp is pretty much the same I think. The playability should be pretty close. I have both and like them both for different reasons.

6. As per Google, Warwick Corvette $$ has 8.8 lb of weight, my MIA fender P bass is 8.6, really lightweight and I like that.

7. comfortable fingerboard? how is the action of the strings?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021