1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick neck question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EagleMoon, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I've got a problem with my Warwick standard bass. It seems to be causing tendinitis in my hands/wrists. I can play my Fender Precision or SX Jazz a lot longer without this problem. I pick up the Warwick and it's only about 10 minutes before I start having pains in my hands. I've tried readjusting my playing style, the bend of my wrists..etc. I hate this because I love the bass. Any suggestions? Is is possible to sand down the back of the neck to thin it down some or is that a bad thing to do? Should I just sell the bass and get something else? :help:

2. alexit

alexit

Feb 21, 2006
    Make sure your technique is right - your wrist should be as straight as possible. Warwicks can run some pretty heavy duty strings out of the box, you can try something that doesn't require so much force to play.

3. I use the same gauge strings on all of my basses, medium light DR's. I've only had this bass since March and I've hardly played it because of this problem.

4. Anybody got any other ideas? I love this bass and would hate to sell it but I want to be able to play it.:crying:

5. Azoore

Azoore

Sep 1, 2004
    Akron, OH
    Measure both necks and compare the results? It's hard to suggest anything without knowing the problem.

6. I think it's the shape of the neck. Not sure how to measure them. Across at the nut and the body in the front? Around the back?

7. Well okay, here's the measurements..

My Precision bass...

Nut straight across - 1 9/16
    12th fret st/ac - 2 7/16
    Nut around back of neck total - 2 3/16
    12th fret around total - 3 3/16

-----
    Warwick Standard

Nut straight across - 1 8/16
    12th fret st/ac - 2 1/16
    Nut around back of neck total - 2 14/16
    12th fret around total - 3 7/16

Also the Warwick has a lot more neck available above the 12 fret but I didn't measure that because it's not as available on the Fender.