warwick replacement body?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hoon, Sep 19, 2004.

1. I feel pretty silly for posting this, but can you guys direct me somewhere where I can get a replacement body for my warwick? Thanks
  2. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Warwick will most likely not be able to sell you one, but you might ask fellow TB'er Woodchuck, as he is an endorser (and a smokin player as well). Other than that, you might have to contact Warmoth to see if they had a blank that would fit to a warwick neck.
  3. alright, thanks
  4. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Email Warmoth and see if they'll sell you a blank without a neck pocket machined, and get a local luthier to do that. Rampart Guitars should also be able to supply you with a partially machined body blank, and they have a wider variety of body woods than do Warmoth. Or get someone local to make you an entire body.
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Since the basses aren't made in the States, they wouldn't have any bodies. I'll ask Craig if he can get a "B" stock body, but Hans is going to want to know what he needs it for, so it may not be possible.
  6. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Yeah... even I, who as a regular-Joe customer bought nearly a dozen Warwicks over 2003-2004, couldn't talk Dale Titus into getting me an extra neck, I doubt bodies would be any different....

(shhhh, don't tell Dale I don't have any of my Wicks left at the moment... GAS is awful!)
  7. Thanks for all the advice, i'll check out rampart guitars, i don't however see this done in the immediate future due to my cashflow, more perhaps in the next 8 or 10 months, but thanks nonetheless guys.
  8. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I recently contacted Warmoth about getting a replacement body for my Warwick Corvette. A guy by the name of Garrett Baker told me that it was a doable shape, but they're trying to stay away from custom work where there is a lot of hand shaping because its not very profitable for them and therefore was not able to give me a quote for one.
  9. yikes, ok, but did you manage to get it done for you in the end?
  10. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    ^^^Nope, he said that it was something they weren't interested in doing because the profit margin was too thin. I was dissapointed, but that's just how it goes.
  11. Darn, ok, hope you get your body soon =)
  12. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    ^^^Thanks for the support, but I've sinced abandoned the idea for that project bass and moved on to another one.