1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Rockbass Active Deal

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bearwolf, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Bearwolf

Bearwolf

Dec 21, 2007
    Houston Texas
    Just picked up a Warwick rockbass corvette basic active 4 string for $288.72 + ($11 ship) via price matching through Music123. Matched price was $374.95 at zzsounds if anybody is looking for a deal on one of these. Will see how well the neck fits compared to my esp( pretty thin). Played one at the local GC and the sound was pretty good through a markbass rig.

2. That is a hell of a deal. These RB's folks been saying have improved a lot.

3. Bearwolf

Bearwolf

Dec 21, 2007
    Houston Texas
    Yeah I'm kinda anxious to finally have a 2nd bass around to down tune on, kinda tiring going back and forth with one bass. I will have to put off the ibanez sr700/750 I was really wanting later on, as I'm sure my bass collection will grow...sooner than later I'm hoping. :)

4. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Bought one today, $399 + tax, Reg. $660

LOVE IT!

5. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I bagged one of the ones AMS had for $199.99, which is materially the same as these except for the old-style Warwick bridge.

I was playing it tonight. It's an exceptionally nice bass in terms of build and detail, though I'm not a Warwick Corvette kind of guy. Full German kit throughout, same as the German Corvette -- incredible buy.

I bought a Warwick Rockbass Streamer for $273 shipped yesterday and it's on its way, but it's a passive, which I much prefer.

The Corvette Rockbass is surprisingly heavy. Looks like it should way about six pounds -- guess again! :p

6. Dreydier

Dreydier

Apr 26, 2009
    Greenbrook, NJ
    this is a beautiful find. <3 tb, but my wallet does not. 288.65 w/free shipping!

7. Bearwolf

Bearwolf

Dec 21, 2007
    Houston Texas
    As long as it doesnt weigh more than my current 10lb bass I'll be content. Looks like it's been shipped and due to arrive 11/30...let the anticipation begin. If all goes well I may be looking for a corvette $$ model next.

8. Bearwolf

Bearwolf

Dec 21, 2007
    Houston Texas
    The warwick rockbass corvette showed up today. Not bad. Definitely much lighter than my ESP bass. Seems to have a little neck dive to it. The pickups and sound are great, much hotter sounding than the emg-35hz's I have in the ESP bass and alot more punch. Setup was ok..strings are quite a bit higher than I typically like and neck isn't as smooth as some. I don't think I would call it a $749 bass like MF has posted on their website but pretty good deal for the price I paid.

9. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
  10. tttmmoorree

tttmmoorree

Feb 25, 2009
    the new rockbasses are excellent. i was able to purchase a 4 string corvette from a fellow TB'er for a great price and i've got to say, i'm quite impressed. it plays beautifully and is easy on the shoulders. it's replaced my fender j.

11. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Some are great, some are atrocious...but I got one of these from AMS the last time they offered them (black, $200) and the one I got was excellent.