1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Rockbass Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hey_Pauly, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Sep 18, 2017
    Can anyone tell me if this bass has active pickups?

BurnOut likes this.
  2. Depends on the model. They make both active and passive rockbass corvettes.

BlueAliceOasis likes this.
  3. CB3UK

CB3UK

Jan 13, 2017
    Kentucky
    What he said. I got dual humbuckers on mine

4. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Sep 18, 2017
    OK thanks

5. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Sep 18, 2017
    Good news, I took the cover off and found a nine volt. Changing it out seems to have it performing better. However, it is too powerful for my Vox AP2-BS. It just distorts every note.

6. Resonance129

Resonance129

Feb 15, 2011
    Purgatory
    Maybe you have your gain setting too high for the amp to handle the output from your bass after refreshing the battery. Lower the gain on your amp a bit and increase the volume to your desired levels and see if that does anything.

My very first bass was a Warwick Corvette Rockbass. Broke the truss rod years ago and haven't played since.
    But I recently got a new neck for it online and had it shipped. A local luthier fit it, adjusted it, and did a setup for me, and now it plays/sounds great again. So glad to have mine back. They're really good basses.

Aaron Mc likes this.
  7. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Sep 18, 2017
    Thanks for the tips. I played around with it to no avail, however, I'll keep trying.

I am really happy with my Rockbass. I just picked it up last night and I am still getting to know it.

Helix likes this.
  8. TerenceE

TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    I liked my Warwick rockbass corvette 5 er.

And ya....it's beastly loud lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2017
  9. Look inside the control cavity and look for a small pot. Not all the electronics are the same but my thumb nt5 there was a tiny Gain pot inside the bass.
    IMG_3509.JPG

Hey_Pauly likes this.
  10. dcbassist5

dcbassist5 Supporting Member

May 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown, Lakland
    Stupid reply but make sure you’re not running all of you tone controls at max. They are all boost / cut. If you bottom all of them out are you still hitting the amp too hard??

11. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Sep 18, 2017
    No if I bottom them out it is ok.

12. Have you looked at the Warwick website? Here it is: en/Home.html
    Go to Warwick, the English link should open, open products, then finally Electric Bases. Click Rockbass and choose which of the three you have or want. There are three lines of Warwick, Rockbass being the entry line. You should find all you want to know about your Rockbass here.

13. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That website is an abomination. They should be ashamed of themselves. No possibility to link to the right page, the layout is really poor. /sigh

14. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Just saw one today on CL at our local pawn museum. A low price for the pawn museum, who usually wants 10 times what they have in it, and will not come of a cent to make the deal. I'd go look at it but I've been there and they don't act very friendly about wanting to sell things.
    But it's parked back in my head calling for me.

15. Possibly the German Warwick site is not so great. On my laptop I open Warwick (the English site), then products, then Electric Bass, then Rockbass, then choose which Corvette model I'm interested in. That took me all of about 15 seconds. Once I choose a bass I just click on the picture of that bass, then click on specifications. Now you will know if it's passive or active, and string spacing, dimensions, weight, etc. I don't know about the German website so I can't comment on it, but I'm guessing the OP will go to the English site, and it seems fine.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  16. Skeptismo

Skeptismo

Sep 5, 2011
    Washington
    You might try lowering your pickups, if you haven't already done so.

Resonance129 likes this.