Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Thumb 5 Case

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fastplant, Aug 23, 2004.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    My case is a mess. I need something new that will protect my baby. And it has to be super-duty. We play alot and tend to not be careful with our gear. I don't want anything to happen to it. What would you suggest that will fit my bass?

2. I have a Warwick Fortress Flashback and the only way I could find a hard-shell case that would fit was to contact my local Warwick dealer and have them special order one. I wasted lots of time with Musicians Friend, and other on-line music stores. I even talked to some of the on-line "techs", gave them the exact specs, and had to return the case!

In short, I would suggest to try your local Warwick dealer and get one that fits!

3. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    There is a Warwick thumb bass case up for sale on eBay right now. I have a warwick thumb and I still keep it in my OEM hard shell case and it protects it very well :p

4. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yeah, I got a crappy TKL, or whatever, case with my Warwick. The guy at Guitar Center tried so hard to screw me over because I refused to buy the bass at the price they were offering. I ended up talking him down alot and then he refused to give me a case or the tool kit/wax that comes with the bass. Eventually, I had him call the GC headquarters and they explained that he HAD to give me them, but gave me a horrible case that has now fallen apart. Bad news.

That said, how much would a Warwick case run me?

5. I had to special order mine, it cost about $160. I'm sure the local dealer made a nice profit.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    $160 sounds about right but considering how much the bass is worth a small price to pay for piece of mind

7. You said it Hammer!!!!!

8. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Yeah, he said... he also said piece... :meh: this "piece of mind" is spreading here like the plague... I've seen it a lot of times lately... Whatever happened to your peace of mind, since your mind is in pieces ;)

No, I'm no spelling nazi, but someone has to correct these things every now & then before these infect even more :ninja:

So, anyway, get the W hardshell case.
    And those guys @ GC are real asses

9. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yeah, I only want one piece of mind, hehe. But true, GC is probably the only place around here to get good gear, but you have to argue with them to get it at a reasonable price.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    A small price to pay for PEACE of mind. Sheesh some people

11. One word

Hiscox

All the way!!!!
    Everytime
    Nuff Said!!!