warwick vs. dingwall prima

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassMus1k, Sep 8, 2004.

1. BassMus1k

Apr 1, 2004
    hey everyone
    im looking into getting a new bass ad i've narrowed it down to a warwick corvette proline or dingwall prima.(both six strings) basically i have played both but still cant decide. just so you know i play everystyle but am more metal orientated. im just looking for a few suggestions or personal opinions to help me out on my decision. also the money is not a factor. thanx in advance.
  2. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.

+1 (see other posts for sales pitch of mine lol)
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Not even the same species. The Dingwal is VASTLY superior.
  4. radi8

Feb 10, 2004

tell me about the Corvette.
    i am looking for a second bass and have my eye on it and a used Thumb Bolt-on 4.
  5. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    They're not even in the same price range, much less quality range. Make no mistake, Warwick basses are well made for the most part but Dingwall basses are tops. Sheldon's service and basses speak for themselves...I say the Prima by a million.
  6. not even a question..
    The Dingwall...
    way more bass, incredible tone, Light years ahead B string and extremely versitile electronics.
    Glad $$$s no object cuz that Prima is top dollar, plus Sheldon's personal service and attention to detail is worth every cent
  7. Definitely Dingwall. Nothing wrong with Warwick but I think you're comparing lower end Warwick with high end Dingwall.

I got to try the Prima at Bass Central, along with an F Bass, some Lakelands, and a Roscoe. It stood out from the pack with its fine playability, looks and B string.
  8. martens-koop

Oct 10, 2002
    I don't know how this affects you, or if you have even noticed, but one of the best basses sheldon has ever made (a Prima artist series 6 string) was recently put up for sale here on talkbass... I wouldn't ever want to discourage you from buying new if thats what you want, but for the money, it's not likely that you'll ever see anything the likes of what St. Geoff Germaine :) is parting with...

do a search, and see for yourself... then proceed to salivate.

9. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    /agree with Above. I can tell you he payed close to 2K more than he's offering it for, and its likely youd have to pay 4-5K more than his asking price for a new one. Not to mention the wait time on having a custom one made right now.
  10. Agreed!

Now, if someone just had a Dingwall Z2 5 to trade for it, it would be such an easy decision.

Wait a minute, didn't I used to own one of those? (Kicks self twice, hard).