1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Watch out Ed Friedland

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Dubista, Jan 11, 2012.

1. I was completely floored by this short demo video of a Standard Precision Bass, I nearly ordered one online. Ed Friedland has nothing on this guy.

FenderĀ® Standard Precision Bass - YouTube

In all seriousness though, I kinda feel bad that Ed's not going to be making as many product review videos now.

PS. I can't tell if the guy in the video is trolling or serious.

2. lachy

lachy

Dec 20, 2011
    Adelaide, Aus
    Nope, just typical Allans Music staff...

EDIT: When he plays with the distortion, his face is just PRICELESS.

3. BassPenguin22

BassPenguin22

Jun 5, 2010
    I really dislike Allans/Billyhide, their prices are ridiculous, their staff are retarded at best and their the only music store in most parts of Aus :bawl:

4. It was a bit of sarcasm, mate.

IMO, watching him play it was enough to turn me off buying a precision if I was in the market for one. I kinda thought it was like something out of expert village. :p

5. When I watch videos like this. It makes me thankful that we also have bass centre in Melbourne. Just compare it, even without the talking, I reckon I'd buy from BC:

Fender American STD Precision, maple - YouTube

6. lachy

lachy

Dec 20, 2011
    Adelaide, Aus
    Indeed, I buy all my gear from them. The service is great but is also helps their prices are much more reasonable. It's just annoying that I have to go into Allans to try stuff out. It might be a bit expensive to fly to Melbourne to try out basses.

7. lachy

lachy

Dec 20, 2011
    Adelaide, Aus
    Yeah, I buy all my gear from the BC. Online service is awesome... it's a shame I have to try in Allans.

P.S There's a nice AV62RI Jazz on the bay in Aus...

8. BassPenguin22

BassPenguin22

Jun 5, 2010
    Gotta love Basscentre. Its the only place (near me) that actually has a good range of bass gear that isn't only Fender.

9. +1. But also a bit funnier than Expert Village.

"There we have it."

Umm.. why, yes, yes we do.

10. The scary part is that they're the largest music retailer chain in Australia, an Australian Guitar Centre, if you will. I've been to both and I can tell you GC has a leg up on these guys in some respects.

11. the.moose

the.moose

Sep 13, 2010
    It's a shame it's this way. Whenever one of my mates are looking for a guitar it's the only store they go to and are always overcharged by a few 100. It pains me having to enter a simple Google search which could have saved them the dough.

12. oldrookie

oldrookie

May 15, 2007
    Avon, IN
    Really? The Fender Precision needs a review? What about that particular product hasn't been known since, I don't know...the late 50's?