1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rolly, Mar 13, 2009.

1. rolly

rolly

Mar 13, 2009
    :meh:hi can anyone tell what are the best bass cabs 4x10 or what have you. preff the ones that are not millions. i play slap bass quite alot and rock. please help i heard tracy elliot old cabs are good?

2. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    It all depends.

Price/quality, Hartke is very good.
    But their cabs are heavy as hell.
    For that reason I'm looking into Markbass cabs myself... 25kg instead of 42kg of Hartke.

There is so much out there, and one 4x10 is different from the next one.

3. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Rolly,
    There are tons of good cabs out there in a wide variety of speaker configurations, tones, and price ranges.

My favorites so far are the Bag End S15-Ds that I am currently using or The Aguilar GS212 that I had a while back. Both are great cabs but very different.

A little more information woudl help us to point you in the right direction. What is most important to you for this cab? Power? Weight? Is there a particular sound you are shooting for?

4. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I'd suggest rather than a 4-10......."two" 2-10's.
    Easier to carry.
    Better lows. (When using both cabs.)
    Can be stacked in the vertical.
    Use only one at rehearsal or for small, low volume gigs.
    Something like Avatar's Neo 2-10's. 44 lbs. a cab, $299.00 ea.