1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What an idiot !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bmc, Apr 9, 2009.

1. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    Well... I'd be a broken down grumpy old fart too if my babe dropped me like a bucket of wormy buffalo wings to hook up with Brad Pitt and have world-wide babies with him.

Oh wait... I AM a grumpy old fart but I never got... HEY!?!? ...now I'm really grumpy!!

:(

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Please.

If there's anything more annoying than actors/athletes etc getting an easy path to a recording career, it's them pitching a hissy fit about it as if that somehow preserves some misguiding sense of "integrity".

Not to mention he hung his band out to dry completely and ended up dominating the interview anyway. He just comes off as a complete douche.

I don't think Wayman Tisdale ever objected to people labeling him as a former NBA player. And yet, (while not my kind of music) his real talent for music definitely comes through. That's the music business. It isn't fair. Being good looking, wealthy, famous for something else, having the right image or just sounding like whatever is selling records at that time means you'll get a leg up on other people trying to make it in music. Take the opportunity and prove you deserved it. Otherwise just shut up and stop making music.

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I feel sorry for his bandmates.

4. I wonder if his bassist will post a rant in the "Bass Humor & Gig Stories" section about his singer throwing a hissy-fit on a radiospot.

5. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    The local morning talk show on KLBJ played parts of it and it seems he was in a pissy mood from being made to smoke in a painted square outside and decided to take it out on the interviewer (who frankly didn't handle it very well either, but what can you do besides tell him he's being an arse, please don't let the door hit you on the way out?).

* The smoking part was speculation from the show, not of my own

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Five albums in a year? Wow, they're a hit machine!

-Mike

7. He was completely baked.

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    LMAO. That was my first thought too. :D

9. BBT Had a pretty scary psycho stare, kind of like he wasn't all there. Looks like the Boxmasters have had some experience dealing with BBT and kept it together during the interview.
    Sounds like it's a big symbiotic relationship. Willie wants a 'hip' opening act to balance him and Ray Price's stuff. They wouldn't be touring with Willie if BBT wasn't in the band. The Boxmasters probably wouldn't hire BBT as a drummer if he wasn't semi-famous & connected. And BBT doesn't want to acknowledge that he's an actor who's moonlighting in a band.
    Oh well, at least he did Slingblade.

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    not me. those guys are guaranteed gigs. with people at em.

sign me up.

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i hearby declare this posting WIN!

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I thought BBT was the drummer?

-Mike

13. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    His bass player is Unknown Hinson. An incredible guitar player who is very entertaining as well.

14. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    ^^ they said he sings too.

15. spalatalatan

spalatalatan

Jan 10, 2009
    MA
    When I first heard of this story, I thought it would be some overblown tabloid story, but WOW, that was... I dont know what you're talking about...

16. I'm so glad I'm not the interviewer because I would totally be in jail for assault. Someone needs to knock some reality into him. I can't believe he treated that interviewer like that. He's an actor and that's the only reason they got that gig with Willy Nelson. No one else knows them outside of Billy Bob being their singer/drummer.

17. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Unknown Hinson? Really? Interesting...

18. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I want my name to be Unknown!

19. Don't worry: it is.