What are you doing while in isolation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Paulabass, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Rick_Bass

Rick_Bass Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Detroit
    just what i needed

JRA likes this.
  2. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    :rollno: That movie... the whole water memory thing gave me fits.

JRA and S-Bigbottom like this.
  3. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    Editing some video's for a client (18 videos actually) and hanging out with our son here in Honolulu.
    Here's the view today after three days of heavy rain:
    PearlHarborHDR.jpg
    and what I've been editing:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  4. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    I'm going to start building the Saturn V Lego model I got and my friend and I are going to do some recording.

Jeff Scott and JRA like this.
  5. viribus

viribus Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    JRA likes this.
  6. LBS-bass

LBS-bass

Nov 22, 2017
    I finally got to practice. Zipped through the Led Zeppelin and other R&R and am back to my jazz standards. Am now having fantasies about getting good enough with those to do a little live stream or maybe just a video I can share; it's a side of me that no one has really seen me do live, so might be fun. Other than that we're all really quiet here today. The reality is sinking in and it's a little weird, to say the least. I'm a little cranky.

JRA, Wisebass and Passinwind like this.
  7. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Illustrating a children's book.

8. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    GA
    Writing some more lyrics
    A bit of composing and recording
    Model train expansion

For starters

9. oldrocker

oldrocker Supporting Member

Another version

Jeff Scott, JRA and Fishheadjoe like this.
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Today the wife and I prepared dinner completely from scratch.
    Ravioli with a sausage and ricotta stuffing, red sauce, and a green salad.
    The red sauce is sitting on a simmer for a few hours to let all the flavors come together.
    We have red wine as well, but we did buy that from a local winery where I volunteer to host the tasting room, bottle, and make the wine. We were able to justify that was made from scratch too. :)
    It took a while, but that's ok. We have no where to go today, so time was on our side.
    We're getting used to having more time for being home, and this scratch prepared meal will be delightful this evening. We're also curious how we'll respond when life goes back to being busy again and we don't have this much free time.

-Mike

11. LBS-bass

LBS-bass

Nov 22, 2017
    I have a sneaking suspicion that many of us are going to get quite accustomed to a more leisurely pace and doing more with less. It will be interesting to see what the new normal looks like when all is said and done. We're doing much the same, eating well and just enjoying the opportunity to relax.

JRA and MJ5150 like this.
  12. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Our goal is to further simplify our lives so we can keep this current standard of living, but add back into it social interactions for recreation.
    We just cleaned out our closet this week, and disposed of everything in our storage unit we haven't touched in the last six months (minus seasonal clothing). That let us cancel the storage unit rental, saving $150 a month right there.

-Mike

13. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    Me, I think I'm just losing my mind, and it's only day 3 of full-time job, full-time teacher. I tried to make myself a PB&J today and failed miserably. :(

Screenshot_20200319-174455~2.png

14. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:laugh: i laughed when i read the post about your husband's drumming --- what a hoot...but i know the situation!

per the OP: pretty much the same stuff for my day-to-day routine (computer-based music stuff), but my nighttime routine has been affected: no public joints/gigs/rehearsals. lucky for me: i can drink those lagers while in quarantine. i don't remember where i picked up that skill.... :D

catcauphonic, Wisebass and LBS-bass like this.
  15. I trimmed the top off an old apple tree on my property. Trying to keep busy.

catcauphonic and S-Bigbottom like this.
  16. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    One more piece of bread with jelly on both sides. Triple decker!

17. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    1. Clearing trails in the woods.

2. Riding bikes with my sons on the trails.

3. Watching a metric ton of Primitive Technology on YouTube.

4. Trying to get the garden started.

5. Trying to figure out how to home school a pair of six and eight year old boys. This looks increasingly unlikely to happen.

6. Playing the shizz out of my bass collection.

Yonni and PWRL like this.
  18. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Every time I reach for a tool, I begin to imagine the worst thing it could do to me and then I picture having to go to the ER with whatever that is and I move on to something less treacherous. The chainsaw was the first thing I put away.

19. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The only failure I see here is you didn't use crunchy PB.

-Mike

20. Yea, I thought about that a little today.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 28, 2021