1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are you doing while in isolation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Paulabass, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Bass related or not. Have you started a project, doing some things you've been putting off, brushing up on theory, watching a lot of Netflix? Anything.

Me-
    Started getting my track car ready, but it's cold to be working with tools, so it's moving slowly.
    The band has sent around some tunes to work on- Haven't started yet but I will.
    Told myself I could start spring cleaning, but luckily if I sit down this feeling passes.

2. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Remodeling upstairs bath, mostly tile work. We just finished going through the pantry, reorganizing, assessing.

Found something cool last night, Google has a arts and culture site, over 500 virtual tours. Last night I visited the Palace of Versailles and the Smithsonian Aero and Space museum, nice way to spend an hour or two

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Mostly the same stuff I would have been doing anyway, since I've been retired from gigging for a couple of years now. Two basses slated for preamp installs this week, one of which will be for myself. Most of what passes for my work is done on my home computer, so I'm procrastinating on that as usual. Plenty of yard work to shun and ignore as well! Yel_wink.gif

Mark Andrew, JRA and catcauphonic like this.
  4. Same for me. Retired now.
    Occasional early yard work. Garden is ready for planting, but too early.
    Movies, spring cleaning. Day drinking.
    Playing the bass.
    Self quarantined.
    Quiet in the neighborhood.

A few of my friends are in denial of the whole thing...

Eric_71, JRA and catcauphonic like this.
  5. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full time work from home, with now round-the-clock dad responsibilities for two very young kids, with a bonus of a few hours of prescribed schoolwork each day for the kids thrown in on top.

I am very grateful that I can continue to work (and get paid), though I'm not sure how I'm going to make it; something is going to have to give.

6. Right now I'm trying to find a way to practice but my husband has decided his project for today is to tear down one drum kit and set up another. He asked me if it would bother me for him to be moving drums around in there and I said no, and he said he wouldn't play along. Well, he's playing along and let's just say he needs to stick with jazz because Led Zeppelin is not his strong suit. So I finally got up and left, and he's still in there banging the drums just like he did all day yesterday. So I guess my idea to practice and write music during this is going to be a challenge.

Alik, Oddly, CatchaCuda and 1 other person like this.
  7. Just got carpal tunnel release surgery today on my right hand. Complementing the same surgery on my left hand two years ago.

Hurts like hell, but the timing was perfect. Elective surgery in South Florida will probably be shut down almost immediately, and the outside surgical centers such as the one I utilized today will be repurposed as emergency surgery venues.

Jeff Scott, JRA and Yonni like this.
  8. fretlessbass

fretlessbass Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Electric bass--soloing through jazz tunes;
    Upright--bowing ....if this lasts long enough, I might actually be okay at at least one of them!

Jeff Scott, JRA and catcauphonic like this.
  9. Yonni

Yonni

Oct 31, 2016
    Scotland
    Learning to teach my two boys as the schools close now, probably for months. Preparing for a music exam that may well not now happen. Drinking whisky. Eventually I won’t be able to put off the home improvements any longer and I’ll have to fix up the bathroom and build a window seat in the kitchen.

JRA, catcauphonic and Wisebass like this.
  10. jchrisk1

jchrisk1 Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    Staying busy remodeling houses that the owners only vacation at a few weeks out of the year. Other than that, practicing, and drinking quarantinis.

notJaco and JRA like this.
  11. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    JRA and Yonni like this.
  12. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    What happened to Google's virtual tour of Abbey Road Studios? Looks like it was taken down.

JRA and bluesblaster like this.
  13. Lagado

Lagado Inactive

Jan 6, 2020
    Now the temps are rising, I'm going to cut that steerer tube and fit those new forks. Then hopefully out onto the forest trails, which should be quiet.

JRA, pie_man_25 and Yonni like this.
  14. OLAF IS DEAD!!!

:crying: :crying: :crying:

15. Yonni

Yonni

Oct 31, 2016
    Scotland
    Biking seems like the best isolation exercise right now.

JRA likes this.
  16. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    hi Paula :)

Reading threads like this! :D

All gigs are cancelled. Musicwise it means that I will look for stuff,

I always wanted to play but never found the time to. (some crazy stuff nobody wants to hear :D)

Schools are closed. I will have to setup online classes for my students.

I will read a lot because we can't leave the house anymore (I would love to go fishing!!! :crying:)

Maybe teach your coralls how to live without water? :D

We are lucky that we can get the stuff in every supermarket (poor Americans)

:thumbsup: to everybody

may the bass be with you

Wise(b)ass

17. I'm playing some every evening as normal. Otherwise my employer is a cable/internet/phone provider in Central WI. So with all the people staying home, yeah, we're working. My position as the Vid Engineer for the company allows me some freedom to work from home, but not all of it. Due to multiple trips back and forth I've resigned myself to heading in and spending the day behind a closed door.

Myself and others up here have gotten pretty good at being holed up in our offices communicating through phone and email.

It is what it is.

8guy and JRA like this.
  18. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Painting the inside of our house and getting it ready to sell. I've also been playing my bass, writing and painting some pictures. My wife works from home, and I've been able to pick up some labor on some old houses in between all the other stuff we're up to, so things aren't so bad. We're in a good place for hunkering down, too, so I consider us fortunate.

JRA likes this.
  19. HE IS ALIVE!!!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Good thing water has memory. :thumbsup:

JRA likes this.
  20. Rick_Bass

Rick_Bass Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Detroit

good stuff

Jeff Scott, JRA and oldrocker like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021