What are you doing while in isolation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Paulabass, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Yonni

Yonni

Oct 31, 2016
    Scotland
    Thanks TomBomb. I just made one with my 6 year old. Not as perfect as above but doable and he loves it!

Tom Bomb likes this.
  2. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Hypocognitive Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2014
    I'm overjoyed, Yonni :)

Yonni likes this.
  3. Chad Michael

Chad Michael Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2001
    Pacific Northwest USA
    1) not falling for the isolation
    2) trying to work with my son on his driver's license and graduation

4. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    Don't create no problem, won't be no problem.
    I had to stop 4 times to go and wash my hands again....... Man this hand washing sure eats up the day... LOL

Wisebass, Tom Bomb and Yonni like this.
  5. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Hypocognitive Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Give your critters a blast in the microwave. They love it :)

Pity we can't do that with our hands :wacky:

Eddie LeBlanc likes this.
  6. I broke out of isolation this morning.
    I scored!

TP

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  7. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Are you doing a bit of Quantini'ing during this?

I have to admit my wife and I are.

I even saw an official word from my state - NY - that Liquor Stores were deemed Essential. :)

I made up a new rule - Quarantini Time is Earlier on weekends than weekends.
    That is now an Official Rule.

Here is to taking this seriously, doing our part properly, while, not dwelling in negative, and trying to find some positive during the journey. Like more time with my family, working without commuting - until we close, and gratitude for food on the table.

Cheers. May God bless us all and keep us safe.

8. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    Don't create no problem, won't be no problem.
    Tried that on the goldfish..... didn't work out to well..... LOL

Tom Bomb likes this.
  9. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
  10. blowinblue

blowinblue Kind of not blue. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    Trying my very, very best to not annoy Mrs. 'blue. Her school district is shut down so she's home every day. Pray for me! :)

M. M.

Yonni, DirtDog and Jeff Scott like this.
  11. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    I am in the same boat! :eek:

blowinblue and DirtDog like this.
  12. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Whoa, mama, could this really be the end
    To be stuck in isolation under quarantine again?

El Güero likes this.
  13. jeffb28451

jeffb28451 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Leland NC
    My Wife and I moved. Been in old house 30 years. Had basses and amp upstairs, downstairs and in man cave.

I’m sorting through furniture and explaining the number of basses and amps, esp considering I am no longer making money from playing. Luckily, she is pretty good about it.

14. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Learning a few RUSH tunes.
    Axe cleaning & prepping for sale.
    420 dancing.
    Cleaning out a path in the wooded back acre.
    Watching ski videos.

El Güero likes this.
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Cooking, baking, more cooking, and bonfires at night with our neighbors while we all stay six feet apart.
    I took a mid afternoon nap for the first time in years in a deck chair behind our house. Our property backs up to protected wetlands. Oh my, that was so refreshing. I'm going to try it again tomorrow.

-Mike

16. blowinblue

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    This will help me keep my sanity. It helps even during normal times. :)

stereo side shot 3.jpg

M. M.

S-Bigbottom and Jeff Scott like this.
  17. Jeff Scott

Apr 11, 2006
    I used to have a GFA-545 back in the mid '80s that I used with a "home-built" GAS Thalia until I bought my, still current, Aragon 2004 and 24k in 1989.

18. blowinblue

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    I remember Great American Sound. Never owned any of their products. But I did own an SAE preamp and power amp duo in 1973/1974. SAE was founded by GAS ex-employees, as I recall. The SAE duo were my first 'separates' as I began my home stereo journey. Don't be impressed. Around that same time I possibly forever soiled my reputation by purchasing a pair of Bose 901's. Which means I could be tone-deaf. To my credit, I returned them in less than 30 days. Because they really sucked. Oh, the memories. I'll step away from the computer now. :whistle:

M. M.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  19. Jeff Scott

Apr 11, 2006
    I'm not sure what relationship there may have been between GAS and SAE, but I do know that there were GAS products in an SAE warehouse in Compton (IIRC) in the '80s. I went there once to get a GAS Sleeping Beauty MC cartridge I still have. I friend of mine from my time in L.A. was the engineer/designer for GAS; it was his company. He gave me the PS and preamp boards for the Thalia I built-up in a 3-space rack case. Andy and I used to do some photography together and he and my brother had designed and built four 100 Watt Class A monoblock power amps. They worked out of Andy's garage workshop in Oxnard, a very typical So Cal audio world thing to do. There were two PIE amps in the rafters of the garage; they were the same 4000 watt PIE amps that Phil Lesh used with the GD. Andy designed and built them, along with various other electronic goodies, like noise cancelling microphone systems.

20. LBS-bass

LBS-bass

Nov 22, 2017
    Yesterday I was pretty depressed and found it very hard to get motivated. Today I pulled myself out into the practice room and played a lot. I worked on some challenging material; mostly brushing up some songs I learned a few years ago to improve my chops, but have never played live. When that was done I pulled out my old note reading book for bass and started working through some of those exercises, since my note reading skills could use a lot of improvement. My husband and I played some jazz together and eventually I fired up Logic Pro and wrote a few bars of something or other. I'll listen back to that tomorrow and if I like it, maybe I'll keep writing.

My husband took a walk and the housemate went to the golf course to hit some golf balls. I got outside briefly in the back yard toward the early evening, but by then it was kind of cold, so I didn't stay out long.

This evening after we all ate dinner separately the three of us sat around the living room and ate popcorn and just chatted. Sometimes we sit there and watch TV, but it was nice not having anything on and just talking about stuff.

I felt good about things today and I'm hopeful that tomorrow I can enjoy the same level of enthusiasm I had today, and get more done.

Jeff Scott and Passinwind like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021