1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What bass magazines would be worth having a subscription of?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by JohnArnson, Sep 26, 2019.

1. JohnArnson

JohnArnson

May 28, 2019
    I am wondering on starting a subscription on maybe Bass Player Magazine, but would it be worth it, or are there other better alternatives.

I am both interested interviews with famous bass players, gear reviews, just basically getting informed and updated on what is going on in terms of bass, specifically electric bass, over the world, but also in terms of lessons.

Regarding lessons it would be important for me that tab is included too, cause while I sort of am capable of spelling my way through traditional standard notation, I can't really read anywhere near fluently.

Cause while Lessons wouldn't be the primary reason to keep the magazine though at all, it still would be nice to be able to actually make use of the lessons they do offer.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  2. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    notreble.com
    done
    Rock on.

JohnArnson likes this.
  3. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    The internet is full of everything you seek.

If you want to subscribe, Talkbass is a good starting point ;)

JohnArnson and fuzzychaos like this.
  4. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Yep. Lot's of free stuff on the net, but it's fun to get stuff in the mail, so I wouldn't scoff if you got a Bass Player subscription.

P.S. Take the time to learn standard notation. You'll thank me later.

JohnArnson likes this.
  5. JohnArnson likes this.
  6. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Apr 2, 2013
    Tennessee
    I still take Bass Player. It has its pluses and minuses, but I still like a print magazine. All the lessons do have tabs as well as standard notation.

JohnArnson likes this.