1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What bass should I upgrade to?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LittlePea, Nov 29, 2018.

1. LittlePea

LittlePea

Nov 6, 2018
    SoCal
    I'm thinking of upgrading my current bass ('76 Fender Musicmaster) as I'm borrowing it from my dad and he's probably going to want it back sometime soon, but I'm really torn between a few of my favorite options.

My few favorite options now are the: Sire M2, Stingray Ray4, Squier VM J-bass, and Ibanez SR250.

My budget is about $350 (most of that will be Christmas money) and I'm looking for a versatile tone, leaning more towards the slap/Flea style. Of course I'm not expecting much for that kinda money, but something a bit more versatile than the Musicmaster is really what I'm after.

Right now the Ray4 is my preferred out of the ones listed above, but are there any other options out there?

2. If you choose Ibanez - at least get an SR300E. They've got the Powerspan pickups, and a 3-band EQ w/3-way Powertap switch plus they come in an array of colors.

LittlePea likes this.