Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pthump, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Pthump

Pthump

Nov 18, 2004
    This will be my last amp question. Thanks much everyone who has helped me.

I snatched up a SWR 4004 head on ebay for 250 bucks. Was thinking about the SWR workingman 410 thats 299 on musicians friend. Anyone have any other ideas about a cab i could get? Im glad i finally found a head I think will be great!

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Any Schroeder...

What's your budget and what type of sound are you looking for? BTW, the WM410T is a nice sounding cabinet.

3. Pthump

Pthump

Nov 18, 2004
    my budget is around 300, looking for a good sound for ska/funk and alternative rock styles

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    An Ashdown MAG410T can be had for about that same price from zZounds.com and IMO I think its a better cab.

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Ironically in the "Important Accessories" sidebar of that page is the Behringer BX3000T amp... If one bought both, do you think the cabinet would constantly try to vibrate the head off onto the floor? :eek: :D

6. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Avatar is also a good choice in the range, I think the 410 Delta is around $329

7. Pthump

Pthump

Nov 18, 2004
    well imd debating between the SWR working mans 4X10, that ashdown 410 and the avatar delta 410.. which is best? Leaning toward SWR cab