Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you do when you cant sleep?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Suckbird, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    ...?
    Okay, so the clock is 03:40 (swedish time) and i cant sleep, couldn't sleep yesterday either.

So, what do you do when you cant sleep?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Warm milk and a boring book.

-Mike

3. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Hmm, i'm trying a coke and a donald duck pocket :D

4. Visit talkbass :D .

5. listen to cds

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ponder the ways of the Universe... then my brain hurts... and i knock that crap off.

7. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    listening to nice music while in bed usually does the trick. something like evanescence or tool or a perfect circle. something nice and groovey that doesnt scream u awake

8. whatever you do, don't toss and turn in your bed with the lights off, until you kick your blankets off your bed, and then be really mad because you've got to go to work the next day at 6 AM...it didn't work for me last night...

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I've also found that crashing else where besides the bed can help... take a hike to the couch.

10. BlackBassPlayer

BlackBassPlayer

Jan 4, 2005
    I either play my bass or just stare at the cealing. lol

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    There is a supplement I use every so often to get my sleep cycle to where it should be. Melatonin is what it's called. It works very well for me. In fact, I will be using some tonight, because I am being late to work, and that's not good when I want a raise.

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ah yes...I use a supplement to sleep as well. Tequila is what it's called.

brad cook

13. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That's what you wash it down with...

14. If you've got a partner ( wife or g/f ) wake her up and sing her a chorus of the motown hit " Lets get it on " :hyper:

15. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    This is the way I get to sleep sometimes... but it's also how I get my exercise.

16. Take some Benadryl. Wham!! You'll be out inside of 15 minutes.

Or, and I know this is disgusting, but a chemical is released inside the male brain that causes drowsiness after an orgasm. How you get that is YOUR problem, and we really don't want to hear about it.:D

Rock on
    Eric

17. I'll second this! It's also great when winter makes your skin all dry and itchy- I'm not awake scratching all night.

Before I figured out about the Benadryl Allergy tablets thing I'd just go out on the porch and chain smoke.

Best of luck getting to sleep, brotherr.

18. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    A little NyQuil never hurt anyone. Unfortunately, I always trip balls whenever I take it before I sleep - seriously, hallucinogenic dreams.

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Next time your in a drug store take a look at the over-the-counter sleeping pills...they have the exact same active ingredient as Benadryl.

brad cook

20. ::Announcer voice on::

But cost more!! That's right for the price of one box of 40 sleeping pills you can get 2, count them, 2 bottles of 100 diphenhydramine tablets!!

::crowd goes "OOO!!::

Rock on
    Eric