1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What got you giggling on a gig?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SemiDriven, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Unfortunately, every one I can remember are rude, in bad taste, and can't really be repeated in a public setting. But man, IF I could . . . . . .

SemiDriven and Oddly like this.
  2. I was subbing in a blues rock band once and someone forgot to turn on the sax player's mic and he couldn't hear himself through the PA. For the whole first set I watched the poor guy blow like he was trying to inflate the Goodyear blimp and his eyes looked like they were gonna pop out his noggin.

3. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Props to them for being cool about things

Fretless1! likes this.
  4. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Back in the 70's I was playing in Fort Lauderdale, right across from the beach. The light man and I were hanging out front and there's this skinny little guy just standing there. A guy comes walking down the sidewalk, looked like a typical New York tough guy and I guess the kid was staring at him. Tough guy looks at him and say, "What the F you looking at?" The kid looks at him and says, "I can look where I want." Tough guy didn't miss a beat and pops him in the mouth, knocking him on his butt, then just keeps walking like nothing happened. I looked at the light man and said, "I guess you can't look where ever you want." I lose a little Karma every time I laugh about that.

SemiDriven likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021