Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Guitars are your Guitarist using?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Dec 21, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The Guys i play with at Church are Fender Fans so one of them has an Ash / Maple Tele in Natural ( MIK) Ash/Maple Strat Trans Red (MIM) Epiphone Les Paul in White and he own a Garrison Acoustic. The Other Guitarist has an Ibanez Acoustic in Trans BlueBurst and he also own a Lake Placid blue MIM Strat.What are your guitarist playing?

2. telecaster...i don't know the specs on it though...i'd like to get a telecaster myself too...'72 deluxe with the umbucker and bigger headstock...mmm...

3. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Gibson Les Paul Studio
    Maverick F1 with locking trem
    Some sort of acoustic that sees very little playing time

He wants a PRS and an MIA Strat now. PRS first, he's been saving for ages.

4. american telecaster

5. JansenW

JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    I don't know exactly, but here's my guess:
    Team 1: Yamaha acoustic or Fender copy (MIHongKong)
    Team 2: Ovation Elite acoustic of Gibson Les Paul Classic
    Team 3: Martin D28 or Martin 000-028EC acoustics

6. I know squat about guitars, but here's the basics:

Paul Reed Smith
    2 Peavey Wolfgangs. Not sure what the difference between the two is, if any. One was bought while the other was being worked on. Apparently it was taking to long, so hey!!! Let's buy another!!

Before these guys, all of my guitarists seemd to favor no-name or beater instruments. Nothing worth mentioning in the entire lot. Old Deans, Squires, Vesters, whatever "felt right". For the most part, I never noticed a huge sound quality problem with the junk.

Mike

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Gibson Les Paul and Firebird. Both in tobacco 'burst running through a Marshall stack. I think Gibson's sending him another LP, he seems to fancy those.

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    My guitarist has two ESP Horizons (one with a Floyd, one a hardtail), though he also talks incessantly about wanting a camo Viper. He is basically ESP to the core though.

9. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    My guitarist is usually me.

That having been said...

-Epi Les Paul Standard, tricked out.
    -Epi SG Vintage G-400 (assuming I can find it - it disappeared from my church about two weeks ago)
    -Fender Strat (MIM)
    -Alvarez Artist Acoustic
    -Aria Pro Semi Hollow electric

Plus 3 or 4 project guitars...

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Gibson Les Paul '57 reissue
    American Strat

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I'm not in a band, but my friend with whom I've jammed plays the strat looking G&L HB in white. He's also got a custome made tube combo from one of our local guitar shops...

12. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    [​IMG]

PRS through a Crate Blue Voodoo with a Maximizer on the effects loop. Also a pedal board on the way in full of Boss pedals, including delay, octaver, flanger, chorus, and tuner. And a wireless of some kind.

Sad thing is, I know more about his gear than he does :)

It sounds damned good though.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My guitarist uses a Fender '72 thinline telecaster reissure, and a newly aquired Gretsch Roundup i think its called.

Singer plays a Godin LG SP90 at times.

14. Gibson Les Paul
    Gibson Non-Reverse Firebird w/ P90's
    Strat
    70's Schecter Strat
    Gretsch Electromatic

15. so he's probably just going to throw that old one away right? :D

16. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    He currently plays a Carvin Holdsworth semi-hollow body. He has been thinking of purchasing a Schecter (IIRC) Hellraiser to go with the Carvin.

17. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    '72 Thinline Tele, Epi Les Paul, MIJ Tele, Classic 60's Series Strat, a strat-type Godin, MIM FatStrat

18. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Les Paul Stansard, Custom Color
    [​IMG]

USA BC Rich ST-3
    [​IMG]

JAckson JP-90 (I think)
    [​IMG]

19. Whitmore

Whitmore

Aug 13, 2005
    My guitarists both play relatively similiar intruments:

Gtr 1: Ibanez RG with upgraded pickups neck and just about n e thing else imaginable, he is also going to buy an American Telecaster in the natural finish i believe

Gtr 2: Ibanez RG completely stock, and an Ibanez S series with a cracked neck (this caused him to buy the RG) that he plans to replace with another S once he pays off his amp.

Some have been mentioning Amps so here we go:

Gtr 1: Marshall Jcm 2000 TSL 100 (or something along those lines) through a Marshall 4x12 of some nature

Gtr 2: Peavey JSX head through a Peavey XXX 4x12

(yes we can get loud at times) :bassist:

20. usually his MIM Fender Telecaster or his Gibson SG. the telecaster really "fits" out music better but on occasion he loves to play his SG.