Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Happened To Bass Palace?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PinkFloydDan, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Anyone know what happened to Bass Palace in Scranton, PA? Its web site has been down for weeks. I know the guy who owned the shop was impossible to contact, he had odd store hours and he never returned emails or checked them enough.

Any idea what happened?

2. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I was wondering the same thing. My guess is Bass Palace is no more. I purchased my 83 Spector from there. I got a super deal and had no problems with contacting them (they did write down the shipping address incorrectly, but the UPS guy figured it out). Oh well, I'm good as long as Bass Northwest sticks around!

3. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Bob was hit hard by some sort of worm virus...still in business. Just redoing website.

4. b7xx12

b7xx12

Apr 20, 2011
    I can't even hit Bass Northwest anymore :( :( Anybody know what happened to them? I haven't been able to hit that site in at least a month.

5. Bass Northwest announced their closure a while back. The owner was suffering from health problems. See
    Bass Northwest Closed. Now What?

6. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire, but not an "endorsing artist".* (see sig)
    The store is close enough to me (45 minutes or so) I should just drive down and check it out, but I've never been there.

7. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    FYI - This thread is 10 years old.

BTW - An owner that is hard to reach, works odd hours and never answers customer emails.....and OP is wondering what happened? I think he answered his own question.

8. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Boutique Bass shops are vanishing quickly - theperfectbass - gone BassNW Gone Bassemporium - almost gone, Grooveshoppe - Gone
    There are many others... can you name some more? ..... gone the way of the Dinosaur