1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Peavey is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Necro_Bass, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Necro_Bass

Necro_Bass

Dec 14, 2007
    Ankara/Turkey
    Hi everyone this is my first post and i really need help. I was looking for some new bass and i found a Peavey.Seller says its an American Peavey. It's from a Turkish site sorry about that. Can anyone look at the pictures and tell if it really is a American or a far East made bass with usa label on it? And it'll be great if you guys can tell me which year its made in. Thanks...

http://www.sahibinden.com/displayitem.php?a=6842913?keyword=Amerikan

2. herndonbassist

herndonbassist Low Down Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    It's definitely US made (look at the last pic, the labeling is accurate) and it appears to be a Fury that has had the pickups swapped for Dimarzio Split Ps. Bolt on Peavey's don't bring too much on the used market, so it'd be strange to try and pass something off as a "fake" US made Peavey. It seems legit to me, I had an '89 Fury and LOVED it... I truly miss that bass. This one looks to be early 90s to me.

:p

3. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    USA MADE, Dimarzio PUPS, beautiful color, seems to be in good condition....

What the heck are you waiting for???

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That is a 1990's Fury for sure. These are great slim necked basses. With the DiMarzios, it will have a bit more punch than a standard Fury. If the price is right, that is a great buy.

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    LOL!

That bass is a winner!!!

6. Necro_Bass

Necro_Bass

Dec 14, 2007
    Ankara/Turkey
    Hey everyone i'm back with yet another question. We got a rival for that Peavey:hyper: I just found a jackson performer 4 bass. Lets compare this two. I play blues, funk, hard rock, heavy metal even death metal sometimes. So which one you think that will suit me better? Here's the link for jackson:

http://www.sahibinden.com/sahibinde...er_bass_gitarWQQaXQQ4969693WQQpXQQdisplayitem

Thanks...

Note:I'm also thinking about upgrading(pups, bridge, tuners and stuff)

7. kta

kta

Mar 15, 2008
    Hi Necro_Bass, first post here too.

That Peavey Fury was from 1993 according to Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Peavey_guitars#Serial_Numbers

I know nothing about heavy/death metal bass, but if you think that a P pickup does the job for that style, I'd say go and grab Fury.

My Peavey bass that I've bought recently turned out to be a ridiculously good instrument for the money I spent. That's only one example, but that was strong enough example for me to make me guess that the US-made Peaveys are very underrated in general.