1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What the difference between a Warwick Framus Triumph and the Lite version?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by thewitt, Oct 26, 2018.

1. thewitt

thewitt

Jan 19, 2005
    I have a Triumph 4 string that I'm considering selling and am pretty sure it is not the Lite version of this EUB. Beautiful bass, I just never use it.

What are the distinguishing features between the 2 models?

2. thewitt

thewitt

Jan 19, 2005
    And I do know the Lite says so on the peg head.

3. donotfret

donotfret

Jun 11, 2018
    My first EUB was a Triumph Lite. I can't say much in terms of comparison, but I can say that the Lite is made in China and mine was absolutely awful quality. It did sound alright when it wasn't busy falling over (to be fair in a sitting position it was better, but I prefer to stand). Build quality might actually be the difference.

thewitt likes this.
  4. I once tried the Lite and found the quality less good than my Stagg EDBs. I had an old Friumph in my hands once for a few seconds only and that felt much more DB-like than the Lite.

thewitt likes this.
  5. thewitt

thewitt

Jan 19, 2005
    Thanks folks

This is not made in China and it's a beautiful bass. Perhaps it's just build quality.

6. donotfret

donotfret

Jun 11, 2018
    Oh, here's another one that I didn't think of earlier. Do the standard Triumphs have a magnetic pickup by default? My Triumph Lite definitely didn't have one, so that could be another difference.

thewitt likes this.
  7. The Light version has no cavities in the body, no ebony, no magnetic pickup, no DB-head mechanics.
    It is made in China and is sold on our market as a Rockbass, not a Warwik. It is similar only in form.

donotfret and thewitt like this.
  8. thewitt

thewitt

Jan 19, 2005
    There we go! Thank you Victor for the info.

Now I just have to get a sense of value. Seems all I can find for sale is the Lite version.