1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What the Hell Ever Happened to Dread Zeppelin???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Baird6869, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Remember Dread Zeppelin from abour 20 years ago? They were a Led Zep cover band that had a couple of albums. The singer was named Tortelvis and was an elvis impersonator.

Craziest stuff I have ever heard but actually pretty neat. A reggae cover band playing Zep covers with an Elvis impersonator as a singer (singing Zep like Elvis).

I just downloaded a few of the tunes and have been laughing my ass off! Black Dog is particularly good!

Good times!

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  3. Hi.

Fun band. I saw 'em in the late 80's early 90's, can't really remember when ;), on a midsummers party here in Finland and liked the band enough to buy an album.

Wow, didn't know knarleybass is their bassist, but then again there's probably quite a lot of bassplayers in TB that have played or play in famous bands, but don't make a constant fuzz about it.

Recommended listening to everyone Dread Zeppelin is IMO.

Regards
    Sam

4. I dug 'em, though I didn't buy any of their music(sorry, knarley :rolleyes:). Very cool concept.

5. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Pretty Cool sound. I liked the Zeplin/Elvis/Raggae thing. I should not have worked, but it really did.

6. I plan to start a Yardbirds cover band but doing the songs in old school ska and rocksteady style, and with a young suave Elvis impersonator singing lead vocals. We'll be called the Rudebirds....

7. Try the new one: Bar Coda. Not much new ground, but good! Really cool, especially after a few listens: Deja Voodoo. Way cool arrangements.
    Josh

8. The original drummer ''cheese'' aka curt plays in a local cover band named the bureaucats. most of the band members are city or state lawyers, elected officials or municipal employees, hence the name.

9. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I've seen hundreds of bands live, and Dread Zeppelin is one of the very most entertaining acts ever! Definitely in my top 5. After each time I saw them, my sides ached from laughing.
    If you want the latest, they do have a website...

10. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    Saw them once when living in L.A. probably around 1988. Walked into the famous Palomino Club in the Valley one night and my jaw hit the floor 2 steps into the door by what I heard and saw ..... simply outrageous.
    They put on a fabulous show and sounded really good that night.