1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What to add? HELP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChasesRiots, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ChasesRiots

ChasesRiots

Mar 6, 2013
    What should I add to a sansamp RBI rack?

I have a 8u and 4u not being used

I also have a Crown XLS1500, Line 6 G50, and a Sabine Rack Tuner

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    How about tuner on top of sansamp on top of amp in the 4-space rack?

If you're creative with this, there might be a solid way to mount the G50 in back of the rack, positioned such that the antenna can be swung up to peek out over the top.

They also make extender thingies for typical wireless antennae, so maybe the G50 could be tucked away in the back and run to extension antennae mounted in front somehow.

3. Raymeous

Raymeous

Jul 2, 2010
    San Diego
    Power Conditioner of some kind. I'm a fan of the Monster Power Center 2500.

Yeah it's somewhat pricey at 2 bills (for a power strip?), but a power conditioner that helps eliminate or at least minimize the excess noise coming off of the clubs crappy power is a nice thing to have. I can see exactly what voltage is being fed to my amp. Plus my amp no longer picks up radio stations. Those that have experienced that know what I'm talking about.

Here's a link:
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRO2500

After that it's all just icing on the cake. Compressors, effects, or if you use a bunch of pedals something like a GCX Expander to control it all.
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GCX

I hope these ideas help out a bit.

4. ChasesRiots

ChasesRiots

Mar 6, 2013
    Thanks I actually found a used G55 that I am going get because you have the option to rack mount them plus an extra 2 channels and you can rack mount it

I also have a furman in another rack that ill be taking apart so ill prob end up putting it in this one until i can save up enough $$$ to get something better

5. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    What do you need?

6. ChasesRiots

ChasesRiots

Mar 6, 2013
    I wasn't sure is I should add a Rack EQ or compressor or something like that.

7. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    See, now this rack is already getting too big!

The power conditioner is neat and all, and the new G55 is pretty sexy too, but that's two more rack spaces you could avoid.

Getting compressors and EQs just to fill even more rack spaces is unnecessary, maybe even detrimental to a good clean "normal" bass sound.

The next step in this progression is to decide you need a regular lightweight bass amp "just for grab and go gigs", at which point your big heavy expensive rack full of stuff never gets used again :)