What to do?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wonderman, Nov 5, 2005.

1. wonderman

Nov 5, 2005
    I have a bass, that Í`m not sure about what to do with.
    It is an fretless one 5 string Ibanez "Gary Willis" named as it is, beautiful bass and with great sound. Holy Black beauty, I call this sensation.

Why? You healthy asked. True! But the things is I`m a soul man and times I find this beauty not fit in, so to speak.

Any comments?

2. I'm sorry to say your English is terrible :meh:

If I get you correctly, you're not always happy with your bass. The solution: use the equalizer to change the sound or find a bass that you like.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Why? You healthy asked. True, but the things is im a soul man and times i find this beauty not fit in so to speak.

that was awesome.
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Greetings and welcome to Talk Bass, Wonderman!

Its always a tough decision to sell off a bass in anticipation of a new one, especially if you're attached to its sound and its look.

But at the same time, it is a tool and having the proper tool for the job is important. In my case, I tend to buy new tools for new jobs, but I can't get rid of the old ones. If you can manage, why not keep it and also get your self a bass that can do what you want.

I'd suggest a nice Precision or Jazz would do you well.

As a Norwegian soul man, do you know of a band called Napoleon Solo?

They were on Blue Beat Records and put out very nice soul/ska. If you haven't, you should check them out.

BTW, you do better in English than most of us would do in Norwegian.