1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What to get...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kipp Harrington, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    Comfortable shoes.

Wisebass and JRA like this.
  2. Now that’s sensible!

Wasnex likes this.
  3. Oh, if I’m going that route, I’m getting a 60s Fender stacked knob Jazz!

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yah, go big or go home.

5. Ok Jimmy... going to hit you up for an interest-free loan! Lol.

JC Nelson and JimmyM like this.
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    For a present? Why do you need a loan for a present someone else is buying you? Hey man, I smell a rat here!!

7. Not a present... just out of the kindness of your pure heart ❤️

JimmyM likes this.
  8. soundsupport1

soundsupport1

Aug 17, 2017
    Hmmm...
    How about a full setup and fret dress from a decent pro? That would be worth a look...

9. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Get a Fodera.
    If you can’t swing the cost, get a fedora to wear on gigs.

10. Kind of hard to suggest something when we don't know the approximate budget of your prospective gift giver. Are talking new bass money, effect pedal money, or bag of picks money? What I really want right now is a power supply that will run half a dozen pedals. I don't use a of of pedals, not enough to need a board, but sometimes it's annoying running each pedal off its own little power supply.

Maybe hire a roadie for a night. Or a groupie. Nah, a roadie.

11. howlin

howlin

Nov 15, 2008
    I'm Not There
    Whirlwind 10-band EQ for bass.

12. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    That's how we roll, in the Buckeye state.

Wisebass and JRA like this.
  13. redwood

redwood Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    How about Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book Of Bass?

14. ThinCrappyTone

ThinCrappyTone Mostly harmless Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Happy almost B day!

Imo, looper is handy. Beyond its musical capabilities, it’s a useful utility tool.

I use my ditto all the time for stuff like soundchecking and testing. For example, looping a bassline, then twiddling knobs on another pedal or the amp to see how it responds to the line. Or when I’m wondering how loud my amp can be heard outside or upstairs or across the room, I’ll loop a line, then take a walk and find out.

I also use it for the usual rehearsing/composing/jamming stuff as well, but I was surprised how much I use it for other purposes.

15. Thanks TCT. Sounds like you get great use out of your looper. Something I guess I need to think about.

16. A good quality stand is always nice. I love the big fender guitar stand my band shares. They make them to hold hold 3,5, or even up to 7 instruments. The fender ones are a bit pricey but there are some more affordable knock offs of these also.
    AAA198BB-96E9-44F8-A3B4-0AF5F28F82CD.

JC Nelson likes this.
  17. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

all great suggestions! but any gift of bass/music stuff goes great with a cold mexican lager (or 12)...just sayin'.

have a great birthday! :thumbsup:

18. Fender Bass Book?

19. Cave Puppy

Cave Puppy "Humph Bo, he's wond!" - John Lennon Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Beat Buddy (by Singular Sound) drum machine pedal. It will help your timing and is super fun to jam along with. The Beat Buddy Mini is the one I have. That's all I need. They do make much more robust version that can be programmed. The Mini has a crapload of drum patterns and genres and a metronome but cannot be programmed which is fine for what I use it for. Happy Birthday!

20. Why would you ask for anything for your birthday? Wouldnt you just go buy it yourself with approval from the mrs?