Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Abluesbassist, Mar 26, 2004.

1. well here's the story:
    About a month ago i traded my beautiful all original 73 pbass for a new modulus flea bass. at first i was cought up in the whole "whoa i own a mod." thing but the more i played it the more i hated it so yesterday i went back to my local music store ( where i got the mod and the P bass before that) and begged the owner( my drummers uncle) to trade back and lucky for me he did. so now i have my baby back and i am on my way to get my head checked for even thinking about let alone trading such a great bass. but while i was in the i ordered a new SWR triad cab.

any one ever trade something and regret it ???

PS i should have learned my lesson when i sold a 72 SVT head for 350 to the evil GC (still kicking my self for that one)
  2. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    I really hate Fenders... I would have saved the Modulus...

But to each his own... Glad ur happy
  3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    My Fender Zone. Should have never let it go. But now that I have a new old Fender P I am happy again.

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

yeah, i traded my Acoustic 360 w/ 18"folded horn for a new Hartke 3500 and a 410xl cabinet . { i also recieved $200.00 cash , but i still think i got the short end of that deal .}

the Acoustic sounded so nice , but living on the third floor apartment made transporting the beast a misery , even with my trusty hand dolly.

i,ve since traded or sold many cabinets , but none matched the sound i remember from the 360... :meh:
  5. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Years ago I sold my very well used 1989 Sadowsky for $850!! :eek:
    I had a couple others at the time, so it didn't really hurt then, but looking back, I should have held onto it. It was my first Sadowsky, an exact replica of Will Lee's black bass, bought it new from Roger and have regretted it ever since.

If anyone come across #577 (Black w/ maple neck, black hardware, clear pickguard, black pickup cover) please let me know! :rolleyes:

Who knows, maybe someday I'll find it...
  6. Back in 1980 I was talked into trading my 1975 fretless P bass for an Ibanez Artist EQ (a rare version of the Musician bass). I was excited with the new bass and it was an absolute dream to play. However, I couldn't keep up the payments and traded it back for the Fender. It was embarassing to do but I was much happier with having a bass and some money for food rather than a nice bass and starving.
  7. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I had a Modulus Flea 5 for a short while myself and was seriously underwhelmed.

I'm not a P player, either, more of a Jazz guy, but I'd take a good Precision over that Flea thing any old day.

Now a Q5...that's a good Modulus.
  8. I almost cried but then I was relieved when I saw the first post. Glad you got the P back :bassist:
  9. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Traded away my Eden VT.40 head for a wireless and some cash. Love being untethered, but came to really start missing the amp, mostly in the past 2 years. Recently re-acquired it in another deal... I won't be letting it get away again anytime soon!

10. traded a 2000 mim telecaster for a squier tom delonge strat .