1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What would be the closest drop in replacement tuners for an Epiphone EB3?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Dr. Turkey, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Dr. Turkey

Dr. Turkey

May 22, 2014
    I have a blue Epiphone EB3 and since the new pickups I'm installing are black I thought it would be cool to do a black and blue color scheme (I'm calling it the bruiser). I was going to replace the bridge with a hipshot bridge so I'll just get that in black, but which of their tuning keys (or any other company's tuning keys) that are available in black do you guys think would be the closest thing to a drop in replacement? I want something as close to the original as possible, the big vintage style clover heads with an open back.

2. jme4003s

jme4003s

Mar 8, 2018
    did you did you ever receive an answer to yo
    ur doctor I have the same situation please reply if you solve the problem

3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    It appears that either the Hipshot HB1 or HB5 may be a drop in replacement. I notice on their web site they have use the same image for bothe tuners (notice the blemishes in both pics) Worth a call to Hipshot and ask.

Get in touch
    607-532-9404 • E-mail

8248 State Route 96
    Interlaken, NY 14847

4. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    I put the Hipshot in my EB3; went in and work perfectly.