1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's Arne Livingston up to?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by j-raj, Mar 22, 2006.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I remember a while back there was a great trio (Sx, Bs & Dr) called the Living Daylights and the bassist was totally killin!

Any Seattler's out there that might know what this cat has been up to?

2. hodgy

hodgy

May 5, 2004
    Bothell, WA
    Customer Support- Ampeg/ Line 6
    I used to go see them quite a bit, but haven't heard too much from them lately. I *thought* I saw something about one of them in the paper the other week. I need to break out my LD Cd's one of these days again. Arne is a monster.

3. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    yeah man, Arne is a monster player...

I get emails from the sax player every now and then, Jessica Lurie.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    +1 On Arne and Living Daylights, my kinda music! Thanks for the reminder, I haven't listened to that album in awhile. /* runs off to search for Living Daylights CD*

5. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I knew I would hear you chime in on this thread! :D

6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    My CD collection is a lot larger than my talent!;)

7. theduker

theduker

Nov 17, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Arne Livingston is fantastic! I still remember walking through bumbershoot in '99 and seeing the Living Daylights for the first time. OMG! I think I spent half the time explaining to my girlfriend why these people were such great musicians, and how the various merchants and various cover bands could wait while we watched their set.

Sadly the Daylights havent really been playing for a while and their website is now only on Jessica Lurie's website, www.jessicalurie.com . But stupid me, I don't check for a few months and next thing I know I miss a gig here in Seattle. I found out because I because I saw their show on Archive.org. DOH!

Archive.org has a ton of live music to download. All the music on that site is legal and every band gives an OK to host their live shows (you can even view their permission). It's a great site. The Living Daylights have a number of shows up there, including ones from February 2006.

Oteil's band has some shows up there. There are also a few Eric McFadden Trio shows, which has an upright bass player rocking out and playing through effects and whatnot (same with the classical acoustic guitar player).

8. Hi there!!!

After some time without listening to electric rosary, the only living daylights cd i have, i just put it on, and man this cd is so great!!! i really love arne's sound. So i did a search on the web and didn't find much. i searched talkbass and found this thread.
    The band sounds sooooo good!!! i just love the songs. unfortunately i never got to hear anything else from them, living daylights were not published in argentina.

9. ghiadub

ghiadub Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Auburn, CA
  10. camelspotter

camelspotter

Sep 21, 2005
    well from Jessica Lurie's Myspace i saw this

Jessica

16/01/2010 20:00 Living Daylights and The Flava Crystals at the old Fenix Underground
    109 S Washington St, Seattle, Washington 98104
    Cost:
    Funky grooves all night! LIVING DAYLIGHTS Arne Livingston - bass Jessica Lurie - saxophones Dale Fanning - drums Elizabeth Pupo-Walker - percussion Joe Doria - Hammond B3 Andy Coe - guitar Dave Carter - trumpet

whoever is lucky enough will see them. i live on the other side of the world unfortunately :(

Hope we get someone reviewing the live in here and maybe finally learn what Arne Livingston is up to.

11. Arne Livingston

Arne Livingston

Jun 21, 2010
    I was searching my name on Google and found this. I wasn't going to reply because it is years old by now - but I saw the last update was January 2010 so I thought it would be rude not to chime in. Thanks for the kind words. I haven't played played much since 2004 - probably a gig or two every year - nothing like the old days. Reading these posts, as old as they are, makes me want to hurry up and record again, something I plan to do anyway, but only when I can devote substantial time to it. Thanks again. Peace. Arne Livingston

12. ghiadub

ghiadub Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Auburn, CA
    Whoa. Thanks for chiming in Arne. I miss the daylights. Hope you are well.

Please bump this if you record anything or are out on tour. I would love to pick up some new stuff or catch a show.

Still in Seattle?

13. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah man, what he ^ said.

14. JYBass

JYBass

Jun 6, 2012
    California
    I introduced my jazz class at school to the living daylights, and now we are attempting to cover a song. Man Arne jams so well, its hard to replicate his mastery. You rock my friend!