1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

When did people start calling Paul "Macca"?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by GlennW, Feb 18, 2008.

1. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    it must be short for McCartney

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Wow - ya don't say!!?? :eyebrow:

3. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Thank you Prof. Obvious.

4. Whwn I was at college, nobody from outside a certain area knew what a 'cheesybug' is.

5. on1ne

on1ne

Dec 21, 2004
    NYC
    I always thought it was something made up by one of the tabloids like they call Michael Jackson "Jack-O". Just a shorter name so they can make the headlines bigger on the page. It just kind of stuck.

6. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH

I though Jack-O was that guy who played with Weather Report...:bag::D

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Macca is genuine - what scousers would say!

Whereas Jacko was just made up to rhyme with Wacko!! :p

8. Jacko is also that former Australian rules football player. The only reason I know this is because MAD Magazine always parodied him. MAD seemed to be the only thing in the US that would refer to him several years after his 15 minutes of fame, so it was pretty weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_"Jacko"_Jackson