1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where is this humming/buzzing coming from?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by riverasampayo, Apr 16, 2015.

1. riverasampayo

riverasampayo

Mar 23, 2014
    Hi,

A year ago I purchased a ESP LTD D-5. Nice bass I have to say. Anyways, about 6 months ago, I started to notice a disturbing humming/buzzing (really still don't know the difference between these two "different" phenomena) at a relative high freq. To deal with it I have to reduce the bass treble tone (which is frankly not my favorite set up). I have been researching around this issue in the web. Well to expedite, last night I checked the ground (according to the Seymour Duncan procedure) path. No issues found.

Well, I would appreciate any help on this matter, such as:

Any other test I could run?
    Any known issues with this bass mode/electronics (I know he runs on two proprietary ESP HB and a G & B 3B Equalizer)

Regards!

2. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    Does it happen everywhere? The root cause of things like that are often dimmers or power supplies for other appliances in a building.

3. riverasampayo

riverasampayo

Mar 23, 2014
    It happens anywhere/everywhere...

4. Rune Bivrin

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    With different amps?

5. riverasampayo

riverasampayo

Mar 23, 2014
    Yep, at least with an Ampeg STV4 Pro and with a Fender Rumble 500....

6. Rune Bivrin

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    Any difference if you touch the strings or not? Or the sleeve of the jack plug?

7. riverasampayo

riverasampayo

Mar 23, 2014
    Good question. I haven't check whether is one or the other (string-wise....). Jack position does not matter.