1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to get good, fair-priced 2-foot XLR patch cables?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Rockin Mike, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike

May 27, 2011
    The local store doesn't carry 2-foot cables and the 3-foot ones are kind of pricey.

The ones I see on Amazon are from brands I'm not familiar with...
    Are the "GLS" and "Seismic Audio" brands any good?

Otherwise, does anybody know a source for reliable, fair-priced short XLR patch cables?

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Monoprice... Qality is decent cust service is decent. They have 1.5 and 3 foot for short lenghts.2+ pricing is 4.71 and 5.33 respectively.

3. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike

May 27, 2011
    Hey that's a good price thanks.

4. Luckydog

Luckydog

Dec 25, 1999
    Plenty easy to buy high quality cables and plugs, and make your own.

5. I've bought a few dozen shorties from Seismic Audio. I've had them for about 6 months and so far, so good. The prices are great too.

6. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    +1 for Monoprice.

7. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    I use Hosa for most of my recording related cables. They're good quality, reasonably priced, have a lot of different products and you can find them all over the place. You can buy directly from their website, on Sweetwater and usually even better prices to be found BIN on ebay or different mom and pop stores that sell online if you check on Google.

8. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike

May 27, 2011
    I ordered some from Monoprice and had them in a few days. They look like good cables.

9. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Audiopile/EWI. Nice folks, plenty of options.

Markertek will make whatever you want and is fair on price, but rarely the cheapest.

10. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    I have a batch of the GLS ones, work well enough for me, sometimes I just daisy chain them to get the right length of cable instead of unravelling a 20 footer.