Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which amp ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by karxix, Dec 2, 2003.

1. karxix

karxix

May 26, 2003
    lebanon
    hey guys
    i currently have an amp: Marshall BassState 65
    and i am interested in the Ampeg BA115 combo

would u advise me getting the 2nd amp, because i found some1 to buy mine and i pay an extra 200$ and i can get the ampeg...

so what r ur recommendations or experiences with any of those amps... ?

2. karxix

karxix

May 26, 2003
    lebanon
    no one??? :bawl:

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Get the BA-115. Awesome little amp. :bassist:

4. karxix

karxix

May 26, 2003
    lebanon
    ^^
    ok, thanks

anyone else please...i have to make a decision in these 2 days and i don't have enough info still and can't check out the amp myself bcs it's pretty far from where i live:mad:

5. squire_pwr

squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    well, I dunno about either amp, but just based on the specs, I'd say it would depend on what you want to get out of the ampeg. If you want a different tone (assuming Marshall sounds diff than ampeg), then sure, go for the Ampeg. But since the Ampeg is only a few watts more, I wouldn't buy it in the hopes that you will be a lot louder. If you want more volume, consider holding off to save for something bigger (say a 200-300w head w/cab(s)), though since you're not in the US, I'm not sure what kind of access you have to bass gear, so getting "something bigger" may not be worth the time or effort.

6. karxix

karxix

May 26, 2003
    lebanon
    well actually i'm quite happy with the volume of my 65 marshall but i want somthg different than marshall, i want a new different tone amp...
    wherever we play over here there is always a big sound system to which u can easily line out or mic the amp so no prob there
    and in band practice my bass amp sounds just fine and i got enough equipment that i can plug it into in case it gets low

anyway, please keep the suggestions coming